none
How to override "To", "CC" and "BCC" dialogbox RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

What i want is to override "Select Name: Contact" dialogbox when user click on mail "To", "CC" and  "BCC" button in a MailItem.
    I want to present my own Interface designed in WinForm which reads data from database.

Any Pointers.

Regards

Tuesday, September 1, 2009 6:30 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hello,

As I Know there's a full sample on this topic which covers everything we need to achieve the goal, please refer to this link:

http://www.codeproject.com/KB/office/CustomAddressDialog.aspx

If you have any problem to implement the code in above link please feel free to tell us.

Thanks

Tim Li

MSDN Subscriber Support in Forum

If you have any feedback on our support, please contact msdnmg@microsoft.com

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    • Marked as answer by Tim Li Wednesday, September 9, 2009 8:02 AM
    Wednesday, September 2, 2009 6:40 AM
  • Hi

Little Unbelievable that we have to write low level stuff.  I thought i might need to inherit some class and override some methods OR there would be some event for this.

But this sample tries to find/identify AddressDialog window by making low level API calls, Hides/Destroy the original window and shows custom form.

Definately author has found a Workaround,  but its not an Object Oriented way, i am used to.

Any better solutions, like Class Inheritance and override the functionality   OR  Some Event raised when button is clicked ?

Regards
    Wednesday, September 2, 2009 6:59 AM
  • I know this solution is a bit complex, but unfortunately, this is the only way I know, because if the things goes inherit class or handle events way we'll need a API that exposed from Outlook application but in Outlook Object Model there's no such API provided. I have met the same requirement before, finally we all go to low level way.

Please just give it a try.

Thanks

Tim Li

MSDN Subscriber Support in Forum

If you have any feedback on our support, please contact msdnmg@microsoft.com

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    Wednesday, September 2, 2009 7:31 AM