Building coded ui DLL in release mode RRS feed

• Question

• HI All

I was looking to build the coded ui (dll) in release mode and use the dll and ordered tests with the mstest.exe. 

whenever i am trying to build the test in release mode it says , test cannot be run please check the non-runnable property. this doesn't occur when it is builded in debug mode.

Thanks,

-Deepak

Thursday, February 28, 2013 4:10 AM

Answers

• Hi Deepak,

Would you mind letting us know more information about this issue? Which VS version are you using? Could you share us the detailed steps to repro this issue? How did you build it? Do you mean that you are using the TFS-build? Or you just build the app under the Solution Explorer. Maybe you could share us more detailed information about this issue.

I try to change it in the Configuration Manager under Build menu in VS2010, change the debug mode to Release mode, and then right click my coded UI test project->Build in the Solution Explorer window, it worked well.

If it is the same steps as yours, I suggest you try to reset your VS settings, and then re-open your project, change it to release mode, build it again.

If I have misunderstood anything, please make free feel to let me know.

Have a nice weekend,

Jack Zhai [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Develop and promote your apps in Windows Store
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Friday, March 1, 2013 10:35 AM

All replies

• Hi Deepak,

Would you mind letting us know more information about this issue? Which VS version are you using? Could you share us the detailed steps to repro this issue? How did you build it? Do you mean that you are using the TFS-build? Or you just build the app under the Solution Explorer. Maybe you could share us more detailed information about this issue.

I try to change it in the Configuration Manager under Build menu in VS2010, change the debug mode to Release mode, and then right click my coded UI test project->Build in the Solution Explorer window, it worked well.

If it is the same steps as yours, I suggest you try to reset your VS settings, and then re-open your project, change it to release mode, build it again.

If I have misunderstood anything, please make free feel to let me know.

Have a nice weekend,

Jack Zhai [MSFT]
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Friday, March 1, 2013 10:35 AM
  • Hi Deepak,

I am writing to check the status of the issue on your side. 

What about this problem now?

Would you mind letting us know the result of the suggestion?

Best Regards,

Jack Zhai [MSFT]

Monday, March 4, 2013 10:58 AM