none
HDInsight SDK and Interactive Query RRS feed

• Question

• Hello All,

Are there any parts of the HDInsight SDK which are not support by Interactive Query?

Thanks,

Gurbhajan

Monday, June 25, 2018 9:09 PM

All replies

• Could you elaborate more on “parts of the HDInsight SDK which are not support by Interactive Query?” ?

The HDInsight .NET SDK provides .NET client libraries, which makes it easier to work with HDInsight clusters from .NET. You may refer Microsoft Azure HDInsight Job Management Library and see if that helps.

Tuesday, June 26, 2018 10:54 AM
  • Hello there,

I recently learnt that Data Factory does not support the HDInsight activity, which is similar to submitting a Hive job.

I have tried to submit a job using the SDK and it appears not to work. So, I was asking if the SDK is limited in such as way.  

Thanks,

Gurbhajan

Tuesday, June 26, 2018 12:32 PM
  • Please provide the complete error message if you are getting any while submitting the job using SDK.

A specified earlier, HDInsight .NET SDK provides .NET client libraries and limitations depends on the .NET client libraries versions.

You may want to refer Run Hive queries using HDInsight .NET SDK.

Wednesday, June 27, 2018 7:20 PM
  • Hi Gurbhajan,

I saw your other thread in the ADF forum:

https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/azure/en-US/74057994-74a4-4f53-ace0-00f42381a65c/hdinsight-linked-service-test-service-azure-data-factory-v2-gateway-timeout-error?forum=AzureDataFactory

Here is the link to the document section which states Interactive Query is not supported as an ADF compute activity:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/data-factory/compute-linked-services#properties-1

"Currently, HDInsight linked services does not support HBase, Interactive Query (Hive LLAP), Storm and Enterprise Security Enabled (domain-joined) clusters."

That is only an ADF limitation, I do not believe the SDK will have the same issue.

Thursday, June 28, 2018 11:27 PM
  • Thank you Jason,

That is interesting, since I have not been able to submit a job using the SDK.  I don't receive an error message either, it just hangs.

Thanks,

Gurbhajan

Friday, June 29, 2018 9:29 AM
  • @Gurbhajan

As Jason mentioned, the limitation is for ADFS.

How exactly you are submitting the job? Are you able to run the example described in the documentation Run Hive queries using HDInsight .NET SDK?

Friday, July 6, 2018 3:57 PM