none
Determine where table exists in legacy LINQ code RRS feed

• Question

• I've spent a day researching and can't figure this out. 

I have a service project in Visual Studio that is several years old from before I started working here.

There is an dbml file where the LINQ code refers to a table, dbo.Mail in this case. I've searched the dbml property, designer code, app.config, Mail class, and can't figure out where this table exists. IE, what server and database it exists in. I mean, I know it has to be the dev server but I've looked at all the databases and none of them have a dbo.Mail table. Does anyone know if LINQ or the application itself stores this information somewhere when the table is dragged onto the dbml GUI when the class is automatically created?

Many thanks for the help!

James

Tuesday, May 1, 2018 2:10 PM

All replies

• All you can do is look at the connectionstring to determine the server name and catalog name pointing to the database the table my be on.  
    Tuesday, May 1, 2018 3:44 PM
  • Thank you
    Tuesday, May 1, 2018 5:23 PM
  • Hi James_under_inflated_balls,

If you resolve the issue, please mark the helpful reply as answer, it will be beneficial to other communities who have the similar issue.

Best regards,

Zhanglong

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, May 2, 2018 1:25 AM