Vsct issue RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

I am upgrading the my project from Vs 2005 to vs 2008. here due high dependency of micosoft.visualstudio.shell I am still using vs 2005 version of this .dll.

I am succesfully able to conver my .vsct file into cto file when i build my application by specifying /roosuffic exp /ranu project compiles fine. but commands which i have declared in .vsct file are not shown in the Vs IDE.

Can please help me.

Thanks,
    Rahul

Friday, January 29, 2010 6:09 AM

Answers

• Hi Rahul,

Check out the VSCT PowerToy. You can use this to verify if your package assembly actually has the embedded .CTO resource in it, as well as whether or not it's been merged with the IDE's menus.

Sincerely,
    Ed Dore
    Tuesday, February 2, 2010 10:56 PM

All replies

• Hello, Rahul

Vs2008 use VSCT Compiler to compile the XML based VSCT file into .cto file, So if we want our .VSCT to be compiled, we must modify the MSBuild Script to make our .VSCT compiled first.

Please right-click your vsip project, then select unload to unload your project. Then edit the MSBuild Script.

Make sure you have imported Microsoft.VsSDK.targets which version is 9.0. Make sure your VsSDK.Targets is like below.

<Import Project="$(MSBuildExtensionsPath)\Microsoft\VisualStudio\v9.0\VSSDK\Microsoft.VsSDK.targets" />

Then reload your project, right click the project file, select reload. Then click your VSCT file, in the Properties window. Change the Build Action to VSCTCompile.

Thanks

Chao

Monday, February 1, 2010 3:54 AM
  • Hello, Rahul
    Have you tried my suggestion? could you let me know the result?
    Thanks
    Chao
    Tuesday, February 2, 2010 2:27 AM
  • Hi Rahul,

Check out the VSCT PowerToy. You can use this to verify if your package assembly actually has the embedded .CTO resource in it, as well as whether or not it's been merged with the IDE's menus.

Sincerely,
    Ed Dore
    Tuesday, February 2, 2010 10:56 PM
  • Thanks for you reply. I tried your suggestions now it is working fine

Thanks,
    Rahul
    Monday, February 15, 2010 4:49 AM