none
Need to develop custom cube using SSRS BI Studio for Project Server data analysis view. RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

I have to create a Data Analysis view which contains attribute like mentioned below

Actual Work Billable          Assignment Work            Remaining Work.

Problem is that Actual Work Billable belongs to "Timesheet " Cube and "Assn Work and Rem Work " belongs to "MSP_PortfolioAnalyzer " cube. So I can not create a single view which contain all these information.

So as a alternative to problem I thought of creating a custom cube which contain all above measure in single view.

I have developed the custom cube using SSRS BI Studio, by running the wizard.

But whenever I am using the time dimension to filter out the data, it is not actually filtering the data. Means For Year 2010 its shows "AssnWork " of "ProjectABC " = 2000 and for only QTR1 also it shows "AssnWork " = 2000.

As I am beginner to data analysis field, so just as a thought I can say I have to do few rectification in my Data source view defined for my custom cube. So kindly help me to get resolve this issue or provide me few links from where I can start exploring cube, dimension, measure and data source views etc easily.

Sachin Vashishth MCTS
    Monday, February 21, 2011 1:18 PM

Answers

• Hi Sachin,

why don't use cube MSP_Project_Timesheet? You will see all required data. It is a virtual cube, built by cubes Timesheet and MSP_PortfolioAnalyzer. Have you tried that?

Regards
    Barbara

Monday, February 21, 2011 1:38 PM

All replies

• Hi Sachin,

why don't use cube MSP_Project_Timesheet? You will see all required data. It is a virtual cube, built by cubes Timesheet and MSP_PortfolioAnalyzer. Have you tried that?

Regards
    Barbara

Monday, February 21, 2011 1:38 PM
  • Thnx Barbara,

So silly I am, not did proper R&D, can you confirm one thing measure(Actual Work Billable ) in that MSP_Project_Timesheet cube it contains the same value which resources fill in their time sheets.

Sachin Vashishth MCTS
    Monday, February 21, 2011 2:06 PM
  • Hi Sachin,

yes, I can confirm this. However, if you had to save a project as XML and re-save and publish it to Project Server in the past (caused by issue with your project), your view will not show expected data, since new TaskUIDs and AssignmentUIDs were created. But you will have exactly the same restriction with your own new cube.

Regards
    Barbara

Monday, February 21, 2011 2:11 PM
  • Thnx Barbara,

For the Answer and sharing the information above, will keep in mind and will share among PMs also. In case they do the same in future.

Thnx once again

Sachin Vashishth MCTS
    Monday, February 21, 2011 2:17 PM