Auto Suggestions for single line input fields

Question

• It seems that the softkeyboard suggestion feature only works with text areas? I have an <input type=text autocomplete> field that does not show the suggestions when I type in it.

Is that really not supported?

Wednesday, November 5, 2014 1:59 PM

Answers

• Hi pkursawe,

Seems yes, I could not find any way to enable auto suggestion on input, if you really need one, you may use something like JQuery UI auto suggestion input.

However as I know input control and textarea control are design for different purpose, for instance if we want user to log in some name or phone number, we will use input type=text because it's really short thing and most of them are one-line field. At the same time, textarea is a multi-line field for us to input something long and complex data.

I guess it could be the main reason why input does not have auto suggestion but textarea has.

Anyway, this is a really good idea, we can feedback on https://wpdev.uservoice.com/ to see if we will have this feature implement in the feature.

--James

<THE CONTENT IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED>
    Thanks
    MSDN Community Support

Please remember to "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue. It is a common way to recognize those who have helped you, and makes it easier for other visitors to find the resolution later.

Thursday, November 6, 2014 5:16 AM