none
How to Change My File's Version RRS feed

• Question

• So I want to be able to change the file version when I push a button does anyone know how I could do that.
    Thursday, November 2, 2017 2:53 PM

All replies

• You should only do this within Visual Studio no matter if it's possible to do this at runtime.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help, this will help others who are looking for solutions to the same or similar problem. Contact via my Twitter (Karen Payne) or Facebook (Karen Payne) via my MSDN profile but will not answer coding question on either.
    VB Forums - moderator
    profile for Karen Payne on Stack Exchange, a network of free, community-driven Q&A sites

• Proposed as answer by Frank L. Smith Thursday, November 2, 2017 3:59 PM
    Thursday, November 2, 2017 2:54 PM
  • why?

Thursday, November 2, 2017 2:55 PM
  • Because this is versioning which is done when a developer deems there is a change in code that warrants the version to be incremented. 99.999 percent of applications do not change at runtime, code changes in the IDE, gets compiled and installed.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help, this will help others who are looking for solutions to the same or similar problem. Contact via my Twitter (Karen Payne) or Facebook (Karen Payne) via my MSDN profile but will not answer coding question on either.
    VB Forums - moderator
    profile for Karen Payne on Stack Exchange, a network of free, community-driven Q&A sites

• Proposed as answer by Ashidacchi Thursday, November 2, 2017 9:13 PM
    Thursday, November 2, 2017 2:59 PM
  • It can be done at run-time with UpdateResource()

but it is complicated and should not be done, as Kareninstructor explained...

Thursday, November 2, 2017 3:09 PM