none
ado.net disconnected mode RRS feed

• Question

• if there is any limitation about how many users can use the same table in database in ado.net disconnected mode at the same time ??
    • Moved by Fei Hu Wednesday, January 31, 2018 7:05 AM ADO.NET related
    Monday, January 29, 2018 11:26 PM

All replies

• If you mean ms-access, I suggest you read the following post. Bottom line is using any of the .NET data providers from read/write/update/delete do not have a restriction but we need to look at the database itself for limitations.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help, this will help others who are looking for solutions to the same or similar problem. Contact via my Twitter (Karen Payne) or Facebook (Karen Payne) via my MSDN profile but will not answer coding question on either.
    VB Forums - moderator
    profile for Karen Payne on Stack Exchange, a network of free, community-driven Q&A sites

Monday, January 29, 2018 11:57 PM
  • Thank you for your great answer

I was read in some internet website that in ado.net disconnected mode we sometime face a problem in update data in table and they advise user to use connected mode in case of update data in table

Tuesday, January 30, 2018 7:43 PM
  • Hi wisamah,

According to your question is more related to ado.net, I will move the thread to Ado.Net forum for suitable support.

If you have some grammar or code errors in using C#, please feel free to contact us. We will try our best to give you a solution. Thanks for your understanding and cooperation.

Best Regards,

Neil Hu

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, January 31, 2018 7:05 AM
  • Hi wisamah,

>>if there is any limitation about how many users can use the same table in database in ado.net disconnected mode at the same time ??

According to your description, it seems that you are worried about Data concurrency issues can occur when multiple users are updating the data to the data source. If so, I would suggest that you could use Connected Environment.

You could use the RowUpdated event to test for optimistic concurrency violations by referring the following link.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/dotnet/framework/data/adonet/optimistic-concurrency

Best regards,

Zhanglong

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, January 31, 2018 7:34 AM
  • Thank you for your great answer

I was read in some internet website that in ado.net disconnected mode we sometime face a problem in update data in table and they advise user to use connected mode in case of update data in table

Maintaining persistent connections will not resolve your issue, but will simply use more database resources. As a matter of fact, if it's an Access database it will increase the likelihood of corruption if the database is shared on a network resource.

Most modern DBMS implement connection or resource pooling. There is no need for persistent connections under this type of environment.

Paul ~~~~ Microsoft MVP (Visual Basic)

Wednesday, January 31, 2018 1:30 PM