Access is denied to network drives

Question

• Firstly i cannot see the computers on my network. Secondly if i manually set up a network drive on a simple WORKGROUP i get access denied message. How do i connect to my network drives. They are on Windows Server 2008 R2.
    Thursday, October 27, 2011 4:30 AM

Answers

• hi there,

have you checkd your firewall settings and sharing settings?

if they are all setup correctly (file sharing on and firewall exceptions ok) a simple net use should work:

net use * \\Server1\Share1 /user:Server1\Server1_username Server1_username_s_password

keep us posted.

Pierre.

Http://www.redkaffe.com - Consultant/Formateur en region PACA
    Thursday, October 27, 2011 6:28 AM
  • Thank you for your fast response. I found an error in the user name in the admin tools which hadn't changed when the user name was changed.

I managed to manually set up the remote drives. I still cannot see the other computers on the network. I will have to look at updates on the server first i think.

Hope you have a wonderful week. Regards, David.

Thursday, October 27, 2011 8:19 AM

All replies

• hi there,

have you checkd your firewall settings and sharing settings?

if they are all setup correctly (file sharing on and firewall exceptions ok) a simple net use should work:

net use * \\Server1\Share1 /user:Server1\Server1_username Server1_username_s_password

keep us posted.

Pierre.

Thursday, October 27, 2011 6:28 AM
  • Thank you for your fast response. I found an error in the user name in the admin tools which hadn't changed when the user name was changed.

I managed to manually set up the remote drives. I still cannot see the other computers on the network. I will have to look at updates on the server first i think.

Hope you have a wonderful week. Regards, David.

Thursday, October 27, 2011 8:19 AM
  • Hi David,

no problem, we're here to help whenever we can / know the answer :)

best regards,

Pierre.

Thursday, October 27, 2011 9:14 AM