none
Accessing Citrix or RDS from and MSDN OS RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I understand that MSDN software is not to be used for Production purposes and I have read the MSDN Licensing section covering this but I do have a question:

My scenario is this: (We have multiple current MSDN Pro subscriptions) To start with I have a workstation with an OEM license of Windows 7 Pro. I want to be able to develop an application on this machine for Windows Server.

If I then install MSDN Windows Server on the aforementioned workstation (removing Windows 7 in the process), can I access a remote Citrix or RDS server for Office productivity applications from that workstation?

NB: No Email/Office/Games or any other software is installed on the MSDN OS - just the development tooling and the operating system.

Thanks in advance for any assistance on this question.

Monday, July 25, 2011 4:46 AM

Answers

• Hey Stuart,

Sorry for the late reply.  I can confirm that you are OK to do remote work from an MSDN Machine to a non MSDN machine to for non-MSDN licensed purposes.  This does not conflict with the MSDN license because the software running for business or production on the other machine is not running on the MSDN machine.

Thanks,
    Mike 

MSDN and TechNet Subscriptions Support
    Read the Subscriptions Blog!
    Thursday, July 28, 2011 5:21 PM

All replies

• Hey Stuart,

Sorry for the late reply.  I can confirm that you are OK to do remote work from an MSDN Machine to a non MSDN machine to for non-MSDN licensed purposes.  This does not conflict with the MSDN license because the software running for business or production on the other machine is not running on the MSDN machine.

Thanks,
    Mike 

MSDN and TechNet Subscriptions Support
    Read the Subscriptions Blog!
    Thursday, July 28, 2011 5:21 PM
  • Thanks Mike, Much appreciated.

Stuart

Monday, August 1, 2011 1:07 AM