Is there a way to receive DeltaX and Y from mouse as it implemented in DirectInput for WinRT?

Question

• Hi, I am writing app on WinRT C# and want to implement camera, but camera rotation not possible without normal Delta X and Y handling. Unfortunately it is not possible to receive deltaX and Y after mouse reached desktop bounds, but via directInput this is possible, because mouse is still transmitting deltas all the time.

So, my question is: is it possible to receive for WinRT C# app the same deltax and Y all the time as for desktop apps even if mouse reached monitor bounds?

• Edited by Black_Joker Wednesday, August 20, 2014 1:12 PM
    Wednesday, August 20, 2014 11:00 AM

Answers

• I found solution to my question.

For normal deltax and y for mouse you can look in this arcticle:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/apps/xaml/hh994925.aspx

• Marked as answer by Black_Joker Thursday, August 21, 2014 10:04 AM
    Thursday, August 21, 2014 10:04 AM

All replies

• I found solution to my question.

For normal deltax and y for mouse you can look in this arcticle:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/apps/xaml/hh994925.aspx

• Marked as answer by Black_Joker Thursday, August 21, 2014 10:04 AM
    Thursday, August 21, 2014 10:04 AM
  • Hi Black_Joker,

The DirectInput you mentioned here is not available in Windows Store App, ref: XInput and DirectInput, see the note line: Note  Use of legacy DirectInput is not recommended, and DirectInput is not available for Windows Store apps.

However in Windows Store App, we have a documentation here for you: Mouse interactions. And Windows Store App runs in a sandbox so we cannot do something out site that sandbox.

--James

<THE CONTENT IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED>
    Thanks
    MSDN Community Support

Please remember to "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue. It is a common way to recognize those who have helped you, and makes it easier for other visitors to find the resolution later.

Thursday, August 21, 2014 10:21 AM