Project crashes when build target is ARM

Question

• Hi All,

I am trying to build a Windows phone 8.1 universal app. But if I am selecting the platform target as "ARM" the project is crashing during startup. The exception details is as follows

0xE0434352 was unhandled
    Message: Unhandled exception at 0x7713210B (KERNELBASE.DLL) in MaiyasUniversalApp.WindowsPhone.exe: 0xE0434352 (parameters: 0x8007000B, 0x00000000, 0x00000000, 0x00000000, 0x6B360000).

I am using all standard windows phone 8.1 references and are not accessing any 3rd party dll library. The code is running fine if my platform target is "Any CPU". Any help would be appreciated.

Regards

Tiklu

Thursday, August 14, 2014 1:55 PM

Answers

• Okay it seems if I keep my platform target as "x86" instead of "ARM" when doing a debug, then I am not getting the crash and the app is running fine.
    • Marked as answer by Tiklu Ganguly Tuesday, August 19, 2014 7:12 PM
    Tuesday, August 19, 2014 7:12 PM

All replies

• Hi Tiklu,

I could not reproduce the issue you are facing, however here are some suggestions for you to ensure everything's working, I would recommend you to do following test:

1, Restart your PC, Visual Studio and also the Windows Phone. Test the current app on the Windows Phone again.

2, If the same thing happen, try to create a blank windows Phone app in the Visual Studio, choose ARM, debug again on the Windows Phone again to validate if the problem on your project.

3, Repair your Visual Studio by control panel to see if the fix can help.

--James

<THE CONTENT IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED>
    Thanks
    MSDN Community Support

Please remember to "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue. It is a common way to recognize those who have helped you, and makes it easier for other visitors to find the resolution later.

Friday, August 15, 2014 8:31 AM
  • Okay do let me give that a try and would let you know if that solves the issue. 

Saturday, August 16, 2014 8:45 AM
  • Okay it seems if I keep my platform target as "x86" instead of "ARM" when doing a debug, then I am not getting the crash and the app is running fine.
    • Marked as answer by Tiklu Ganguly Tuesday, August 19, 2014 7:12 PM
    Tuesday, August 19, 2014 7:12 PM