none
Can't debug Xamarin project with VS Android Emulator RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I recently started using the VS Android Emulator w/ 2015 and Xamarin. I can deploy projects fine, and the emulator itself is quite nice in terms of speed and features. However, when I attempt to debug the project, I get an error on start, and cannot continue.

I'm not sure how to fix this, or if it's an emulator error, or something on the Xamarin side. I can deploy and debug to the regular Android emulators fine though. Any help would be great, thanks!

Screenshot of the error:

Thursday, January 15, 2015 10:27 PM

Answers

• Hi Jack,

So I'm not exactly sure what changed, but I updated today to VS2015 CTP 5, and the latest beta of Xamarin, and it seems to have fixed the issue!

Thanks,

Tommy

Wednesday, January 21, 2015 3:56 AM

All replies

• Hi,

>>I recently started using the VS Android Emulator w/ 2015 and Xamarin.

If it is related to the Android and IOS project with Xamarin, like this thread: https://forums.xamarin.com/discussion/27831/xamarin-studio-for-vs-2015-preview, I suggest consulting Xamarin experts on Xamarin forum for dedicated support.

Maybe it is related to the "Use Fast Deployment " option like this case:

http://forums.xamarin.com/discussion/28356/cant-run-app-on-visual-studio-2015-emulator-dwp-handshake-failed

Best Regards,

Jack

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Friday, January 16, 2015 8:51 AM
  • Hi Jack,

Thanks for the tips - I already have Use Fast Deployment off unfortunately (also tried some of the troubleshooting steps in the other thread, no luck). I'll try posting in the Xamarin forum to see if anyone has any insight though, thanks.

One extra bit of info - I tried debugging with the same project/environment on my laptop, and it does seem to work. I guess that means there's some configuration issue to iron out.

Thanks,

Tommy

Friday, January 16, 2015 3:46 PM
  • >> I'll try posting in the Xamarin forum to see if anyone has any insight though, thanks.

Thank you for your support and co-operation. Tommy:)

If so, I will close this case. If you get the solution from Xamarin forum, please feel free to share the solution here. I will re-mark your solution as the answer.

In addition, since it worked well in your machine, you would check whether the previous Environment meets the real requirements for developing the specific apps, or it has all tools be installed correctly. Of course, to make sure that it is not certain Tools' installing issue, maybe you could repair the VS IDE or other tools if we make sure that it has met the real requirements as your machine and has resolved all required tools.

Sincerely,

Jack

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.

Monday, January 19, 2015 3:13 AM
  • Hi Jack,

I have tried uninstalling/reinstalling VS2015, the Android Emulator, as well as Xamarin. I get the same error unfortunately. As of now, there is still no answer on the Xamarin forums (http://forums.xamarin.com/discussion/31132/unable-to-debug-with-vs15-and-vs-android-emulator#latest).

Is there any info on how to troubleshoot the debug connection between VS and the VS Android Emulator?

Thanks,

Tommy

Tuesday, January 20, 2015 2:51 PM
  • Hi Tommy,

You know that the VS2015 is not the RTM version now, we also don't support it in our side now, so it is really hard for us to repro this issue in the VS2015 preview Environment.

But the goal of this VS2015 version is to collect the feedback. To report a bug, please use Connect(https://connect.microsoft.com/VisualStudio/feedback/CreateFeedbackForm.aspx?FeedbackFormConfigurationID=5303&FeedbackType=1)    

Maybe you could get better support from the product team members.

Thank you for your support and co-operation.

Since you also post this issue to a more appropriate forum, would you mind changing this issue type to General Discussion? If so, maybe other members who met the same issue before have good suggestion if they see this issue here. Thanks for your understanding again!

Sincerely,

Jack

Wednesday, January 21, 2015 3:37 AM
  • Hi Jack,

So I'm not exactly sure what changed, but I updated today to VS2015 CTP 5, and the latest beta of Xamarin, and it seems to have fixed the issue!

Thanks,

Tommy

Wednesday, January 21, 2015 3:56 AM
  • Glad to know that you have resolved this issue, Tommy!

Since the CTP 5 has resolved some feedbacks, maybe it has resolve this issue with the latest version.

Have a nice day,

Jack

Wednesday, January 21, 2015 5:54 AM