Updating old Win8, WP8 versions to Universal RRS feed

• Question

• Currently I have two apps listed in the, something like this:

MyApp - Windows 8.0
    MyApp - Windows Phone 7.8/8.0

I have now a Universal version that I want to upload. If I understand everything correctly I can either upgrade the Windows to universal, which means anyone on phone would have to uninstall their version and search for the new version in the store...

OR

I can upgrade the phone version, meaning the desktop users would have to uninstall and reinstall the universal version from the store. However, before I can do this, I'd have to release the name MyApp by renaming the Win8 version so that I can assign it to the phone version.

Are these two options correct? or is there some magical way to combine these into a universal app?

Monday, January 25, 2016 10:41 PM

All replies

•      Hi SelAromDotNet,

My understanding is that you can have multiple store app packages uploaded under the same App, and Windows itself will decide which version to install, based on the Windows version. If when you upload a package there is a conflict (meaning if you upload a new package for the same OS version), the dashboard will ask if you want to replace the old package. Of course, you need to keep a good track of your app package versions. (ver 1.1, ver 1.2, ver 1.3...)

I hope it helps!!!

Tarh ik

PS: This posting has been posted "AS IS"

Tarh ik

Wednesday, January 27, 2016 5:39 PM