none
Windows Store sells apps on behlaf of developer or developer gives a license to Microsoft?

Question

• Hi,

I have a quick question. Does Windows Store operates the same as iOS App Store or as Google
    Play?

I understand, in App Store, Apple sells the apps for developers and developers just give a license to do it. In Google Play, developer is still the one that is selling and Google Play just takes a commission. It's really important from tax perspective. Anyone can help?

I read developer agreement:  http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/apps/hh694058.aspx but I am still not sure how Windows Store operates.

Thanks,

Jacek

Monday, March 3, 2014 3:18 AM

Answers

All replies

• I do not know the answer, but it is most likely the way Apple does it since the Windows Store is 'closed' similarly to the Apple store.

Why would it make a difference to tax? You're still selling though a store that takes a commission.

I'm a self-taught noob amateur. Please take this into account when responding to my posts or when taking advice from me.

Thursday, March 6, 2014 3:17 AM
  • From what I understand in Google Play developer is selling apps and Google just take a commission. In Apple store developer sign a license and Apple Store sells the apps. It's important from tax perspective (sales tax and in some of the countries like Poland you would file the tax differently). 

Thanks for reply! I found at least two other answers confirming it's closer to Apple Store.

Thursday, March 6, 2014 4:28 AM
  • For the official word see the App Developer Agreement . I'm not a lawyer, but I think section 3 is what you're looking for.

--Rob

Thursday, March 6, 2014 6:50 AM