Building dynamic forms in Access RRS feed

• Question

•  

I need to make dynamic forms in access. For example i have a query that selects a user and 3 jobs he has. So the result in the query has 3 lines. Now i want for those 3 lines 3 different textboxes. Is this possible in VBA or not? I already searched the help of access it self and i cant find anything about it.

thx for your help in advance.

Monday, February 26, 2007 10:18 AM

Answers

• look up parameter queries with forms on the microsoft knowledge base - link your front end forms to the query at the back end and let the user input the information in to the form that will then write into the query  behind and produce the information you require on to a form dynamically - i have used it a heck of a lot when building the new company database and it works superbly.

• Proposed as answer by danishani Monday, January 30, 2012 7:54 PM
    • Marked as answer by danishani Thursday, February 2, 2012 7:16 PM
    Wednesday, February 28, 2007 11:35 AM
  • Hi hristoff13,

What exactly are you after, something like what's mentioned in below thread:

http://www.techonthenet.com/access/forms/filter_form.php

Hope this helps,

Daniel van den Berg | Washington, USA | "Anticipate the difficult by managing the easy"
    • Marked as answer by danishani Thursday, February 2, 2012 7:17 PM
    Saturday, January 28, 2012 5:41 AM

All replies

• Can you please give some description of your Query??
    Monday, February 26, 2007 10:47 AM
  • query select SLAnr, SLAbeschrijving from SLA where SLAuser='userid1'

table is like this

SLAnr                       SLAbeschrijving                      SLAuser

1                                 beschrijving1                           userID1

2                                 beschrijving2                            userID1

3                                 beschrijving3                            userID1

4                                 beschrijving4                            userID2

So this query gives 3 rows. So on my next screen now i wanna build 3 texboxes where i want to put some info in or let the users put some info in them.

So if slauser in the query would be userID2 then i would only have 1 row and 1 textbox.

SO thats why i ask the question. How can i dynamically build forms for this? I cant find anything about it in the forums. And is it even possible in access?

Tuesday, February 27, 2007 12:09 PM
  • look up parameter queries with forms on the microsoft knowledge base - link your front end forms to the query at the back end and let the user input the information in to the form that will then write into the query  behind and produce the information you require on to a form dynamically - i have used it a heck of a lot when building the new company database and it works superbly.

• Marked as answer by danishani Thursday, February 2, 2012 7:16 PM
    Wednesday, February 28, 2007 11:35 AM
  • I know that this is very old post but I 'm trying something similar to that!

Anyone has a solution or a sample database to check?

thanks in advance

Friday, January 27, 2012 10:41 PM
  • Hi hristoff13,

What exactly are you after, something like what's mentioned in below thread:

http://www.techonthenet.com/access/forms/filter_form.php

Hope this helps,

Daniel van den Berg | Washington, USA | "Anticipate the difficult by managing the easy"
    • Marked as answer by danishani Thursday, February 2, 2012 7:17 PM
    Saturday, January 28, 2012 5:41 AM
  • Not exactly what I was looking for but this might work too !

Thank you for your reply

Thursday, February 9, 2012 6:41 PM