none
Font Printing Difference RRS feed

• Question

• I have a very simple label printing application in which I have two different labels, a small one and a large one.  I am using two Zebra ZDesigner GX430t printers, one for each size of label.  The large label uses the MS Sans Serif 9 pt bold font, while the small label uses a MS Sans Serif 6pt font.

The output for both labels is different when printed using a windows 7 box versus a windows 10 box.  Has anyone else run up against this and what if any can be done about it?  I cannot include examples, as I only use windows 7 in my office and don't have access to a windows 10 machine.

Monday, May 14, 2018 5:51 PM

All replies

• What do you mean by "output is different"? Is it the size? the look of the font?

I would assume MS Sans Serif would be the same across versions as close as 7 & 10. Try updating the printer driver on the Win 7 computer. Maybe it has an older version for Zebra.

Bill Mosca
    www.thatlldoit.com
    http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/MS_Access_Professionals

Monday, May 14, 2018 7:32 PM
  • Thanks for your response.  Sorry about that, not descriptive enough.  The windows 7 Version looks bigger and bolder.  Same newest version of the printer driver on both computers
    Monday, May 14, 2018 8:10 PM
  • Thanks for your response.  Sorry about that, not descriptive enough.  The windows 7 Version looks bigger and bolder.  Same newest version of the printer driver on both computers
    Tom - Are we talking about one printer?

Bill Mosca
    www.thatlldoit.com
    http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/MS_Access_Professionals

Monday, May 14, 2018 9:11 PM
  • Bill,

There are actually two printers, one for the large label and one for the small label.  These are network printers so multiple users have access to them.  Some of the users have Windows 7 and some have windows 10.  The two printers are the same model, one has the large label stock in and the other the small label stock.

Monday, May 14, 2018 9:59 PM
  • Hello tkosel,

Do you mean that using same print setting on the same printer printed different font due to the system(win7 and win10)?

Except your printing application, have you tried to simply print the same content? Have you tried to simply print such as a word document, a pdf, an excel workbook? Will they print different font on windows 7 and windows 10?

Best Regards,

Terry

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, May 15, 2018 3:12 AM