Asp.net webApplication Data Saving updating deleting not working from IIS Page RRS feed

• Question

• User-1610344614 posted

i have developed one WebApplication in VS2012 and all functionality working fine in if am running webpage from my VS2012

I am hosted my WebAplication in IIS  7.5 But Data Saving updating deleting  not working when i tried to acces page from IIS but reading

all data and showing in the pages but i cant update and save new data 

any idea what may be the problem? using same connection string in VS2012 and IIS also 

Wednesday, May 29, 2013 4:45 AM

Answers

• User-801004448 posted

eldhokmgm

What kind of database do you use?

When you run website from VS, the website runs under your Windows account permission which is most likely administrator.

When you run website from IIS, website runs as IIS guest user which would not have permission to write database by default.

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Wednesday, June 5, 2013 3:00 AM

All replies

• User1162311629 posted

please post the error on update and delete sql u found

Wednesday, May 29, 2013 7:06 AM
  • User-1610344614 posted

Not getting any error when clicking save button and updarte button   nothing  happening

but when i click cancel button all textboxes are clearing 

Wednesday, May 29, 2013 7:16 AM
  • User1162311629 posted

I think you are refering to some wronge data source.

-As you get data from db but on insert / update its not reflecting on db, also u are not getting any error.

please check your config. for database connection

Does it making insert / update on some other data source ?

Wednesday, May 29, 2013 7:44 AM
  • User-1610344614 posted

yes when i am debugging my page through chrome i found 

these eror is coming when click button

Uncaught Sys.WebForms.PageRequestManagerServerErrorException: Sys.WebForms.PageRequestManagerServerErrorException: An unknown error occurred while processing the request on the server. The status code returned from the server was: 500

I am using update panel 

Wednesday, May 29, 2013 8:48 AM
  • User1162311629 posted

Add this ....

<script type="text/javascript" language="javascript">

Sys.WebForms.PageRequestManager.getInstance().add_endRequest(EndRequestHandler);

function EndRequestHandler(sender, args)
            {
                if (args.get_error() != undefined)
                {
                    args.set_errorHandled(true);
                }
            }

</script>

just after ScriptManager tag

Wednesday, May 29, 2013 11:38 PM
  • User-166373564 posted

Hi eldhokmgm

Uncaught Sys.WebForms.PageRequestManagerServerErrorException: Sys.WebForms.PageRequestManagerServerErrorException: An unknown error occurred while processing the request on the server. The status code returned from the server was: 500

You could learn the root of this issue below when you use UpdatePanel control,

The UpdatePanel control uses asynchronous postbacks to control which parts of the page get rendered. It does this using a whole bunch of JavaScript on the client and a whole bunch of C# on the server. Asynchronous postbacks are exactly the same as regular postbacks except for one important thing: the rendering. Asynchronous postbacks go through the same life cycles events as regular pages (this is a question I get asked often). Only at the render phase do things get different. We capture the rendering of only the UpdatePanels that we care about and send it down to the client using a special format. In addition, we send out some other pieces of information, such as the page title, hidden form values, the form action URL, and lists of scripts,

For further information about the analysis of Sys.WebForms.PageRequestManagerParserErrorException ,

With regards

Tuesday, June 4, 2013 11:11 PM
  • User-801004448 posted

eldhokmgm

What kind of database do you use?

When you run website from VS, the website runs under your Windows account permission which is most likely administrator.

When you run website from IIS, website runs as IIS guest user which would not have permission to write database by default.

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Wednesday, June 5, 2013 3:00 AM