none
publish office app only for testing RRS feed

• Question

• I have developed an app for office 2013(word, excel and powerpoint) using VS2012 and Microsoft Office Developer Tools for VS2012. So far i only need to press F5 so i can see the result or test the app but now i want to publish it so that my client could see and test it. What are the option i have? notice that my app is still in testing stage so i need to make it available only to testing team.

Do i have to publish it on office store?

• Moved by JesBModerator Monday, August 26, 2013 4:47 PM Move to appropriate forum
    Friday, August 23, 2013 12:39 PM

All replies

• Hi,

I'm going to move this to the Developing Apps for Office forum as they should be able to better help you there as you will not want to publish the app to the store (there is no staging area to do so). It seems like you will want to initially build a catalog version of the app on a network share which you can read about here: http://msdn.microsoft.com/EN-US/library/office/apps/fp123503.aspx

Thanks,

JesB

JesB Office Store

Monday, August 26, 2013 4:46 PM
  • thanks for help, but can you please help me with 2 points:

1. According to the link you provided i must have SharePoint 2013 which i don't. So is there any substitute?
    2. I have developed my app using VS2012 and Microsoft Office Developer Tools for VS2012, so can you help me with the right(and easy) way to publish it to office store. ?
    Tuesday, August 27, 2013 12:55 PM
  • You don't need SharePoint 2013 to test an app for Office - you can create a network share catalog on your local machine (a "trusted catalog"), add your app to the catalog, and share the catalog internally before publishing it to the store. How to: Create a network share catalog for task pane and content apps has step by step instructions on how to do so.

As for publishing apps to the store, the Publish apps for Office and SharePoint docs in MSDN is a good place to start. The article contains information on how to set yourself up in the seller dashboard and get started in the marketplace.

Tuesday, August 27, 2013 4:24 PM
  • can you explain the second step "Put the manifest files for the task pane and content apps that you want to publish in this file share." where i can find these manifest files

Tuesday, August 27, 2013 8:36 PM
  • If you created the app in Visual Studio 2012, you should see a Manifest folder within the project folder in Solution Explorer. There should an .xml file within that folder--that file is the manifest file. There is only one per project.

Saul

Monday, January 13, 2014 11:01 PM