GUI Automation using Coded UI tool RRS feed

• Question

• Hello, Is coded UI suitable for windows based GUI automation? I am looking to use Coded UI for automating our windows application.
    Wednesday, July 16, 2014 12:11 AM

Answers

• Hi Ali,

As far as I know, Coded UI Test can create automated tests of the user interface UI). Because automated tests that drive your application through its user interface (UI) are known as coded UI tests, it performs actions on the user interface controls for an application and verifies that the correct controls are displayed with the correct values. <o:p></o:p>

Therefore, I think that Coded UI test is suitable for windows based GUI automation.<o:p></o:p>

About how to use Coded UI Test for automating your windows application, you can refer to the
    following link: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd286726.aspx<o:p></o:p>

Best Regards,

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks
    for helping make community forums a great place. Click HERE to participate the survey.

Wednesday, July 16, 2014 9:58 AM

All replies

• Hi Ali,

As far as I know, Coded UI Test can create automated tests of the user interface UI). Because automated tests that drive your application through its user interface (UI) are known as coded UI tests, it performs actions on the user interface controls for an application and verifies that the correct controls are displayed with the correct values. <o:p></o:p>

Therefore, I think that Coded UI test is suitable for windows based GUI automation.<o:p></o:p>

About how to use Coded UI Test for automating your windows application, you can refer to the
    following link: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd286726.aspx<o:p></o:p>

Best Regards,

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks
    for helping make community forums a great place. Click HERE to participate the survey.

Wednesday, July 16, 2014 9:58 AM
  • Thank you very much. I appreciate your reply and explanation.

Best,

Ali

Wednesday, July 16, 2014 4:08 PM