none
Dialog Boxes - Add In RRS feed

• Question

• Hello.

I am currently developing where I want to display my custom message before and after a dialog box is opened by the user.

Like,

Message 1: "You opened this_type of dialog box"

Dialog box opens and the user does the required operation

Message 2: "You just used this_type of dialog box"

Thanks in advance! :)

Monday, June 12, 2017 7:34 AM

Answers

• Well suppose, If one opens a file upload dialog box. Is there any event or any method that I can look up to detect that the user has to upload a file or something like that..?

And yes I can use message boxes to display my messages, but any way to know that a Dialog box has been provoked and the user is performing some action on the dialog box.

There is nothing in the Outlook Object Model that accomplishes this. 

You might be able to use UI Automation events (see UI Automation Events Overview).

This will not be a simple and easy undertaking.

Monday, June 12, 2017 11:39 AM

All replies

• Hello.

I am currently developing where I want to display my custom message before and after a dialog box is opened by the user.

Like,

Message 1: "You opened this_type of dialog box"

Dialog box opens and the user does the required operation

Message 2: "You just used this_type of dialog box"

Thanks in advance! :)

This is a bit vague.  If the dialog box opened by the user is supplied by your add-in then it's just a matter of your code also using message boxes to display Message1 and then Message2.  This is trivial.

Otherwise, specifically describe what you mean by "Dialog box opens and the user does the required operation".  What dialog box? What operation?  How was the dialog box invoked?

Monday, June 12, 2017 9:45 AM
  • Well suppose, If one opens a file upload dialog box. Is there any event or any method that I can look up to detect that the user has to upload a file or something like that..?

And yes I can use message boxes to display my messages, but any way to know that a Dialog box has been provoked and the user is performing some action on the dialog box.

Monday, June 12, 2017 11:29 AM

There is nothing in the Outlook Object Model that accomplishes this. 

You might be able to use UI Automation events (see UI Automation Events Overview).

This will not be a simple and easy undertaking.

Monday, June 12, 2017 11:39 AM