none
Failed to create imageSource from the text '..\Images\Medium.png in window 8.1

Question

• When we create new file in Visual Studio 2015 gives error:Failed to create imageSource from the text '..\Images\Medium.png in window 8.1
    Friday, April 21, 2017 9:37 AM

All replies

• Hi !

Have you tried this :

- First Go to Control Panel --> Check Updates for Windows 8.1
    - Install All Important Updates
    - Restart Your Pc

Hope it wil be useful.

If it's good for you, can you mark this answer as answer of your question please?

Follow me on twitter : https://twitter.com/NordineMhoumadi

Download my NEW FREE application MCP PREPARATION in the Windows 10 Store for preparing your Microsoft Certification or test your skills in Microsoft Technologies;

Friday, April 21, 2017 9:44 AM
  • Hi JJ_22,

Welcome to the MSDN forum.

Please have a try with the workaround that Nordine MHOUMADI said, make sure windows update is up-to-date, some other community solved this similar when their OS is windows 8.1 or upgrade from 8.0 to 8.1.

Meanwhile, refer to the error message, please have a look at the following steps to troubleshot this issue:

1. Please run VS as administrator and click File-New-Project to check if this issue occurs or not.
    2. If you have installed FastPictureViewer, please uninstall it that mentioned in this blog: Visual Studio 2012 IDE shows “Failed to create a ‘ImageSource’ from the text ‘..ImagesMedium.png’. while accessing file New / file Open dialog boxes
    3. Go to Control Panel—Programs and Features, right click the .NET Framework and repair them or download Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5.2 (Offline Installer), use it to repair
    4. Go to C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\Config, remove the file ‘machine.config’ and rename the machine.config.default to machine.config, in case this file was corrupted by others.

If you just meet this issue recently, did you made any changes to your computer or VS 2013, like install windows update, software or updates for the installed software, updates or extension in VS 2013. Now the latest update for VS 2013 is VS 2013 update 5 and make sure it is installed, and go to Control Panel-Programs and Features, right click VS 2013 and Change-Repair to repair it.

Best regards,

Sara

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Monday, April 24, 2017 7:01 AM
  • hi Sara,

FastPictureViewer is not installed in my PC and i already done evrything as above mentioned but i get same error.

Tuesday, April 25, 2017 4:44 AM
  • Hi JJ_22,

Thank you for your update.

Does this issue appears recently or it happens after your first installation of VS 2015?

If it works fine before, please think about the changes on your computer or VS 2015 recently. Like install windows updates or install extension in VS 2015, please have a try with the following command in VS 2015 to troubleshot:

devenv /safemode: run vs with safe mode and create new file

devenv /resetuserdata: clean up the old cache in VS 2015

Best regards,

Sara

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, April 25, 2017 8:28 AM
  • hi Sara ,

till date i don't solve Problem.

i uninstalled VS 2015 and Installed 2012 but error is same.

i am so tiered not get any solution.

Thursday, May 04, 2017 7:39 AM
  • It's not working for me.
    Thursday, May 04, 2017 7:40 AM
  • Hi JJ_22,

Thank you for your update.

Since the VS 2017 RTM version already released, please have a try to install the VS 2017 as below and check if this issue persists or not. If all VS versions have this issue, maybe it caused by your OS.

1. Download the VisualStudioUninstaller  to completely uninstall the VS 2015 and run it for several times

2. Run the command: sfc /scannow to scan the required system file, in case some files are missing

3. Run the Fixit tool

4. Make sure windows update is up-to-date, all pending windows update are installed and reboot the computer

5. Temporarily disable any anti-virus software, clean up the %temp% folder and downloadthe VS 2017 community installer (the free version), run it as administrator to install.

If the installation is fail or meet any warning/error message, I need your help to collect the installation log. Please use  http://aka.ms/vscollect to gather the installation logs. find vslogs.zip from %temp% folder. Please upload the file to Onedrive and share the link here. I will help you find the root cause according to the log file.

Best regards,

Sara

MSDN Community Support<br/> Please remember to click &quot;Mark as Answer&quot; the responses that resolved your issue, and to click &quot;Unmark as Answer&quot; if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact <a href="mailto:MSDNFSF@microsoft.com">MSDNFSF@microsoft.com</a>.

Friday, May 05, 2017 2:31 AM