none
Could not resolve mscorlib for target framework RRS feed

• Question

• Could not resolve mscorlib for target framework '.NETFramework,Version=v4.0,Profile=Client'. This can happen if the target framework is not installed or if the framework moniker is incorrectly formatted.

Re-Loaded windows and VB and I get this error, haven't be able to resolve, Do I have to start from scratch again?

Tuesday, August 14, 2018 7:22 PM

All replies

• Hello,

Did you at sometime have a working project then change something and received this error or did the error occur from a new project?

If there is anything else you can add may be helpful for those here to help may better assist you.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help, this will help others who are looking for solutions to the same or similar problem. Contact via my Twitter (Karen Payne) or Facebook (Karen Payne) via my MSDN profile but will not answer coding question on either.
    VB Forums - moderator
    profile for Karen Payne on Stack Exchange, a network of free, community-driven Q&A sites

Tuesday, August 14, 2018 8:39 PM
  • Hi,

I think the reason for the exception is that the compilation environment is different.

1.Click on the project name (right click) property under Explorer .
    2.Change the .NET Framework 4 Client Profile to .NET Framework 4.

Best Regards,

Alex

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, August 15, 2018 1:53 AM