How to add new columns in already hosted database? RRS feed

• Question

• User1508434899 posted

Hi,

i have hosted my Site..

now i have added few columns & new tables in my database prsent locally..

how can i do this changes to my already hosted database ? ( i dnt want to loosed data)

i use sql server 2005

Saturday, February 14, 2009 5:13 AM

Answers

• User1508434899 posted

you have two ways to do that depending on your hoster facilities, one of them if your web site hoster provide you with remotly connection to your database open your life one by using SQL Server Managment Studio and update tables and records as needed as how you do in your local machine....

the other option that some of web site hosting companies provide you with a 3rd party database connection tool, where you can login and had same feature to SSMS to use and modify your database..

thank you. I did it just like you except I took backup of my database

which is hosted. I did changes in SSMS & restored it. 

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Tuesday, February 17, 2009 9:59 AM

All replies

• User1589032278 posted

you have two ways to do that depending on your hoster facilities, one of them if your web site hoster provide you with remotly connection to your database open your life one by using SQL Server Managment Studio and update tables and records as needed as how you do in your local machine....

the other option that some of web site hosting companies provide you with a 3rd party database connection tool, where you can login and had same feature to SSMS to use and modify your database..

Sunday, February 15, 2009 11:21 PM
  • User1508434899 posted

thank you. I did it just like you except I took backup of my database

which is hosted. I did changes in SSMS & restored it. 

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Tuesday, February 17, 2009 9:59 AM