none
Application to use for file checking and monitoring. RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

Need ideas what application to use for this task.

Requirements are:

> Check files in OneDrive or GoogleDrive on a specific date with monthly frequency.

> Must send alerts via email if files are:

- Does not exist on the given day.

- Checking of file content to ensure file has value/content.

- Check the summation of a sales column !=0

Is this possible using Azure Automation Services? Please give me an insight about this.

Thanks.

Wednesday, August 14, 2019 4:55 AM

Answers

• Hi AzureNoobs,

To answer your question, yes it is possible using Azure Automation services.

As per this document, you can leverage 'Azure Automation' service to automate, configure and update resources. And as per this document, you can leverage 'Azure Logic Apps' service to create workflows and orchestrate business processes to connect hundreds of services in the cloud and on-premises.

If you go for 'Azure Automation' service then I suggest you to import modules (by routing to Azure portal -> Automation Accounts -> <Your Automation Account> -> Shared Resources tile -> Modules gallery) like "Microsoft.Online.SharePoint.PowerShell", "SharePointPnPPowerShellOnline", "MSOnline" and then leverage these module's PowerShell cmdlets to accomplish the requirement.

If you go for 'Azure Logic Apps' service then I suggest you to leverage OneDrive / GoogleDrive Azure Logic Apps Connector(s) to accomplish the requirement.

Regarding sending mail as required, easiest way is to leverage general way of 'System.Net.Mail.SmtpClient' object or 'SMTP' Azure Logic Apps Connector. For more information, refer this document.

Hope this helps!!

Wednesday, August 14, 2019 6:56 AM

All replies

• Hi AzureNoobs,

To answer your question, yes it is possible using Azure Automation services.

As per this document, you can leverage 'Azure Automation' service to automate, configure and update resources. And as per this document, you can leverage 'Azure Logic Apps' service to create workflows and orchestrate business processes to connect hundreds of services in the cloud and on-premises.

If you go for 'Azure Automation' service then I suggest you to import modules (by routing to Azure portal -> Automation Accounts -> <Your Automation Account> -> Shared Resources tile -> Modules gallery) like "Microsoft.Online.SharePoint.PowerShell", "SharePointPnPPowerShellOnline", "MSOnline" and then leverage these module's PowerShell cmdlets to accomplish the requirement.

If you go for 'Azure Logic Apps' service then I suggest you to leverage OneDrive / GoogleDrive Azure Logic Apps Connector(s) to accomplish the requirement.

Regarding sending mail as required, easiest way is to leverage general way of 'System.Net.Mail.SmtpClient' object or 'SMTP' Azure Logic Apps Connector. For more information, refer this document.

Hope this helps!!

Wednesday, August 14, 2019 6:56 AM
  • Hi KrishaG,

Thank you for your answer, this will validate my of self learning task.

I already considered using Logic App as well but will focus on Azure Automation Services.

Will go though the documentation you provided and keep you posted.

Thank you again.

• Marked as answer by AzureNoobs Thursday, August 15, 2019 7:54 AM
    • Unmarked as answer by AzureNoobs Thursday, August 15, 2019 7:54 AM
    Wednesday, August 14, 2019 8:59 AM