ListView not selecting in click mode

Question

• Hello,

Below is my ListView definition. However, onselectionchanged is never called when right clicking or doing Ctrl+Click. I have setup my ListView identically to the samples(which work). Am I missing something? Or could something be interferring, just with the click selection?

this.m_listView = new WinJS.UI.ListView(this.domNode,
            {
            layout : {type: WinJS.UI.GridLayout},
            itemTemplate : this.itemTemplate.bind(this),
            selectionMode: 'multi', 
            tapBehavior: 'invokeOnly',
            swipeBehavior: 'select'
            });

this.m_listView.oniteminvoked = this.itemInvoked.bind(this);
        this.m_listView.onselectionchanged = this.selectionChanged.bind(this);

Thanks,

Ryan

Thursday, March 20, 2014 4:34 PM

Answers

• It turns out an internal of our API was blocking the pointer events. We were able to resolve this problem. Thank you for your help!

Ryan

• Marked as answer by Ryan McNulty Monday, March 24, 2014 6:10 PM
    Monday, March 24, 2014 6:10 PM

All replies

• What is the "this" object in your case? Which sample are you referring to above? I tried with the HTML Listview essentials sample, Scenario 4 and added the onselectionchanged handler in Scenario4.js and it work as expected.

Windows Store Developer Solutions, follow us on Twitter: @WSDevSol|| Want more solutions? See our blog

Friday, March 21, 2014 12:13 AM
  • I tried it with scenario 3 from the ListView essentials example and the selection in click mode worked fine.

I have wrapped this ListView in a Javascript class. itemInvoke, selectionChanged and itemTemplate are all prototype functions of this class.

Friday, March 21, 2014 12:09 PM
  • Can you share your complete repro sample via SkyDrive so that we can understand what is happening and help you further?

Windows Store Developer Solutions, follow us on Twitter: @WSDevSol|| Want more solutions? See our blog

Friday, March 21, 2014 4:36 PM
  • It turns out an internal of our API was blocking the pointer events. We were able to resolve this problem. Thank you for your help!

Ryan

• Marked as answer by Ryan McNulty Monday, March 24, 2014 6:10 PM
    Monday, March 24, 2014 6:10 PM