Self signed certificates in WebView

Question

• Hi,

We are using Webview for navigating to a portal in our app.

Now, we have the IIS server setup with a self signed certificate. My webview fails navigation with "CErtificateisinvalid" errorcode.

I read about filters for managing http requests/response. Would that apply for all navigations that goes through webview as well ?

Alternatively, i tried to include the cert that's used in the server to my metro app. It didn't work that way.

Can someone please help on this ?

Thanks !!

Monday, May 19, 2014 2:45 PM

Answers

• You can install the self-signed certificate to the local machine in order to get to the IIS server. Barring that, there's no way to make this work.

Matt Small - Microsoft Escalation Engineer - Forum Moderator
    If my reply answers your question, please mark this post as answered.

NOTE: If I ask for code, please provide something that I can drop directly into a project and run (including XAML), or an actual application project. I'm trying to help a lot of people, so I don't have time to figure out weird snippets with undefined objects and unknown namespaces.

Monday, May 19, 2014 7:21 PM

All replies

• You can install the self-signed certificate to the local machine in order to get to the IIS server. Barring that, there's no way to make this work.

Matt Small - Microsoft Escalation Engineer - Forum Moderator
    If my reply answers your question, please mark this post as answered.

NOTE: If I ask for code, please provide something that I can drop directly into a project and run (including XAML), or an actual application project. I'm trying to help a lot of people, so I don't have time to figure out weird snippets with undefined objects and unknown namespaces.

Monday, May 19, 2014 7:21 PM
  • Thanks for all the great feedback Matt.

So for a Universal app on Windows Phone 8.1 - there is no way to get a WebView to navigate to a self-signed https site? Even when bundling the cert with the app?

(Tried and cannot get it to work)

Thanks!

Friday, October 3, 2014 10:44 AM