Queueing DB Calls RRS feed

• Question

• User-253393428 posted

I've got a page with multiple radgrids on it (6 to be exact). Each grid corresponds to a different DB table to be searched for a keyword that is passed in view the querystring. Ideally I would like to have the first grid bind and populate while the next grid is retrieving data and so on down the line (i am using the radajaxmanager to handle the calls).

For example, if the search term "time" is passed to the page, grid one will go out, find any related data, bring it back and display it. All the while grid 2 while be spinning with a loading message... I tried Thread.Sleep(1000) prior to binding each additional grid, but all that seemed to do was show the loading message on all the grids and then displayed all of at once when ALL of the data was availble.

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Friday, April 23, 2010 4:37 PM

Answers

• User-952121411 posted

One way to do this easily would be to use Silverlight as opposed to ASP.NET but that is not always an option.  For the purpose of 'Asynchronous Data Binding' take a look to the following which may help you with your multiple controls:

Asynchronous Data Binding:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/magazine/cc163725.aspx#S3

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Monday, April 26, 2010 10:24 AM