none
Missing or invalid or duplicate Transaction set identifier? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

I am having the following error and similars when processing EDI files.

Code Snippet

Event Type: Error
    Event Source: BizTalk Server 2006 EDI
    Event Category: None
    Event ID: 8114
    Date:  2/22/2008
    Time:  5:27:24 PM
    User:  N/A
    Computer: MIGUEL
    Description:
    Error encountered during parsing. The X12 transaction set with id '' contained in functional group with id '1', in interchange with id '000000025', with sender id 'THEM           ', receiver id 'US             ' is being suspended with following errors:

Error: 1 (Miscellaneous error)
     6: Missing or invalid or duplicate Transaction set identifier 'http://schemas.microsoft.com/BizTalk/EDI/X12/2006#X12_00401_850'

I have already cleared the check duplicate segments, everywhere.

Already using an EDI pipeline.Same result with the default one.

Creating a party for the sender did not help either.

Not even the sample PO that comes with BT is being accepted.

Solutions given previous similar posts did not work.

When I go and check the suspended message, there is something like this:

Code Snippet

An output message of the component "EDI disassembler" in receive pipeline "edi2xml.EDI_Disasm, edi2xml, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=ff78f20aa041e5f3" is suspended due to the following error:
         Unknown .
     The sequence number of the suspended message is 1.

And the message's body text looks like

Code Snippet
    <UnrecognizedSchema><UnrecognizedSegment>ST*850*12120001</UnrecognizedSegment>

The messagetype shown in the Message Details  is http://schemas.microsoft.com/Edi#WildcardSchema. Shouldnt it be the same as the 850 schema?

Why all of my messages are being rejected with the "Missing or invalid or duplicate Transaction set identifier" error?

Thanks a lot!

Miguel

Friday, February 22, 2008 10:51 PM

Answers

• No what I meant was deploying the schema to the biztalk database through Visual studio or importing it as a resource through btstask. If you don't deploy the schema, biztalk has no way to process this document and hence you see this error. Also the out of box pipeline will work.

Thursday, February 28, 2008 10:44 PM

All replies

• Have you deployed the appropriate schema?

Wednesday, February 27, 2008 12:43 AM
  •  

Are you actually implying that I should not use the default EDI pipeline but a custom pipeline with an EDI disassembler component, and to add the proper schema to that project?

Cannot it be done with the default EDI pipeline?

Thanks.

Thursday, February 28, 2008 6:11 PM
  • No what I meant was deploying the schema to the biztalk database through Visual studio or importing it as a resource through btstask. If you don't deploy the schema, biztalk has no way to process this document and hence you see this error. Also the out of box pipeline will work.

Thursday, February 28, 2008 10:44 PM
  • Hi Kalam,

Even I got the same issue. Can you please tell me the steps to deploy a schema using visual studio or importing it as a resource through btstask.

Thanks

Damodar

Tuesday, April 8, 2008 9:09 PM
  • I was having the same problem. Had the duplicates all unchecked and everythin, still got error 6.

Heres what I did to resolve it: (Was using the tutorial 'Inbound_EDI')

Removed all resources from previous deployments. (In my case, BizTalk Server Application2)

I then moved the Inbound_EDI resource from 'BizTalk Application 1' in the BizTalk Server 2006 Admin Console to 'BizTalk EDI Application' by left clicking the resource and going to 'Move to application...'

Solved my errors.
    Wednesday, May 14, 2008 5:25 PM