none
Field chooser doesn't include today(); now() returns more detail than needed RRS feed

• Question

• I have generated a field in my task folder (Outlook 2013) to indicate "Days until Due"; i.e. how many days do I have til the due date from current date. 

The formula I used for the field is:

[Due Date] - now() 

This returns the number of days, but also an additional  8 or 9 digits of decimal precision because now() includes the time value. 

I would like to have just the number of days with no decimals for a better look.

The option of using the formula:  [Due Date] - today() is not valid field in formula; error received.   

There is also no option that I can see to format the number of decimal places for the field using the now() date as described above.  

Does anyone know of a way to get just the number of days with no decimals as a calculated field for display? Thanks for your help. 

Saturday, August 8, 2015 5:01 PM

Answers

• Hi T_Craig,

For this requirement, there is Date() function that you could use and the formula will be like this:

[Due Date]-Date()

Regards

Starain

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Monday, August 10, 2015 3:23 AM

All replies