none
HCK 2.1 (QFE6) PrintTicket Test failed RRS feed

• Question

• WHCK: HCK 2.1 with QFE6

Client: Windows 8.1 x64

The stop code 202 is happened despite MS said in QFE 6:

"PrintTicket Test" - Test no longer fails with an AppVerifier stop: VERIFIER STOP 00000202: Freeing heap block containing an active critical section.

Would you please answer how to resolve it (I already re-install HCK on server and on client also)

Thank you

Wednesday, August 14, 2013 12:44 PM

All replies

• Can you verify your HCK version number?

To do this:

1.  On your controller, use Control Panel to go to the Uninstall a Program dialog.

2.  You will see Windows Hardware Certificate Kit on the list of installed programs. It will have a version number, this will match the version number for QFE6 if it is installed (8.100.9621)

Thursday, August 15, 2013 7:03 PM
  • Matt,

Thank you for answer.

Of course I checked version (it is correct 8.100.9621) so I doubt why it doesn't fix problem with PrintTicket Test.

Also I checked version on client - it is correct also.

I tried to uninstall HCK client part but got errors from MS Installer (I read WHCK guideline and follow it but without success).

After spending whole day I decided to re-install Win8.1 on client PC :( and install fresh HCK with QFE7 on it.

Now it is 8.100.9624, but the problem is still presented!

I've tried v4 HP inbox driver  - it works, but it is very simple (only .gpd/.ppd based)

In my case I tried with custom v3 driver and got verifier stop at the beginning of the test.

Additionally, I tested with old WLK 1.6.8367.0 and Win7 x64 as client with the same driver (I used for testing with HCK 2.1) - there is no problem.

So, I'm not sure what's wrong - HCK, Win8.1 issue or driver.....

Friday, August 16, 2013 9:25 AM
  • This would likely be a driver issue.  The QFE fixed an instance where the *test* was leaking an XML DOM reference, which could cause 'false' failures.

The 'leaked' critical section is typically part of a XML DOM object.  In this context, probably a PrintTicket or PrintCapabilities XML document.  The AppVerifier error message contains information about how to start tracking down who the offending code is.  If you have a PrintSpy log, it should already contain the info referenced by the AppVerifier error message.

Friday, August 16, 2013 4:28 PM