none
How does the Microsoft Store confirm license validation code for Outlook add ins? RRS feed

• Question

• The Microsoft store requires add ins to contain code for validating licenses via the Microsoft Validation Service.

When I submitted an add-in that displayed an error when its associated license was invalid, the store rejected it in requirement 4.1 - "Your app or add-in must not stop responding, end unexpectedly, or contain programming errors."

I assumed that the store would test the app with valid and invalid licenses.

What does the store want? Do they want me to include code to check the validation service's response and not do anything based on it?

Thank you.

-- Ephraim

Wednesday, June 21, 2017 7:49 PM

Answers

• It turns out that it works correctly in visual studio, and only come up with an error when deployed.

There are no programming errors.  The problem resides in the publishing process.

Thank you.

-- Ephraim

• Marked as answer by EphraimF Sunday, July 2, 2017 5:42 PM
    Sunday, July 2, 2017 5:42 PM

All replies

• Hi Ephraim,

For adding license checks, I would suggest you refer below link.

# Add license checks to Office and SharePoint Add-ins

https://dev.office.com/officestore/docs/add-license-checks-to-office-and-sharepoint-add-ins

In addition, if you have any issue related with publishing app to Office store, I would suggest you go to below forum for help.

Reference: https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/officeapps/en-US/home?forum=officestore

Best Regards,

Edward

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, June 28, 2017 7:27 AM
  • Hi EphraimF,

you had mentioned that,"When I submitted an add-in that displayed an error when its associated license was invalid, the store rejected it in requirement 4.1 - "Your app or add-in must not stop responding, end unexpectedly, or contain programming errors."

when you submit the addin to store they test your addin.

if we see the policy 4.1 then it is describe that ,"Your app or add-in must not stop responding, end unexpectedly, or contain programming errors."

it means that ,

(1) your addin should not be get hanged while the user is using it. it have to respond to the user when ever user want to interact.

(2) it should not get closed inappropriately, in between any operation or without letting know the user.

(3) also your addin should not contain any error. so you need to make sure that there is no error before you submit your addin to the store.

if any of the above rules get break then your addin will be rejected.

so here it looks like your addin contains license related error and because of that error your addin get rejected by the store.

as I remember, I already provided you the license related links in your older threads.

you can try to refer them and try to correct issue and make sure that there is no error and again try to submit the addin to the store.

further you had aksed,"What does the store want? Do they want me to include code to check the validation service's response and not do anything based on it?"

if your addin has Free, Trial, Purchase these kind of options for user then you need to check license for the addin. it should work properly without any error.

so store only want that what you implement it should not contain any error or incomplete code. it should work correctly because Office Store want to serve the best to the users. it does not want that user have any problem or bad experience regarding any of the addin he try to get and use via store.

Regards

Deepak

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Thursday, June 29, 2017 5:11 AM
  • It turns out that it works correctly in visual studio, and only come up with an error when deployed.

There are no programming errors.  The problem resides in the publishing process.

Thank you.

-- Ephraim

• Marked as answer by EphraimF Sunday, July 2, 2017 5:42 PM
    Sunday, July 2, 2017 5:42 PM