none
Ideas how to hook Excel information in Word RRS feed

• Question

• Hello, I'm developing an Excel application where the user fill some fields and a macro creates a Word document of real estate valuation based on a dotx template.

I'd like to know the best way to create placeholders in Word.

Bookmarks?

Raw text like <FirstName>?

Fields?

I'd like to know how you do this.

Felipe Costa Gualberto - http://www.ambienteoffice.com.br

Friday, May 8, 2015 2:30 PM

Answers

• Hi Felipe,

>> I'd like to know the best way to create placeholders in Word.

I suggest you using content controls as placeholders. Content controls are individual controls that you can add and customize for use in templates, forms, and documents. For example, content controls can provide instructional text for users, and you can set controls to disappear when users type in their own text.

Best Regards,

Edward

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Monday, May 11, 2015 8:14 AM

All replies

• Hi Felipe,

>> I'd like to know the best way to create placeholders in Word.

I suggest you using content controls as placeholders. Content controls are individual controls that you can add and customize for use in templates, forms, and documents. For example, content controls can provide instructional text for users, and you can set controls to disappear when users type in their own text.

Best Regards,

Edward

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Monday, May 11, 2015 8:14 AM
  • Thank you Edward. I studied and am using now content controls.

Felipe Costa Gualberto - http://www.ambienteoffice.com.br

Tuesday, May 19, 2015 2:35 PM