none
Checkbox text issue RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I want the checkbox text to be displayed on the left hand side of the box, so i set the RighToLeft property to Yes.

Initially my text was say ABC, so checkbox UI was like: "ABC"
    then I changed my text to *ABC#, checkbox UI changes to: "#ABC*"

But i want to display like "*ABC#"

How can this be done???

Regards,
    Abhishek
    Monday, February 1, 2010 10:01 AM

Answers

• You are right, sorry, the CheckAlign property is the one that moves the box. Set it to MiddleRight.

HTH

Ciatran
    Monday, February 1, 2010 10:21 AM
  • Hi Kulabhishek,

Please set RightToLeft property to No and set CheckAlign property to MiddleRight and try again. I have tested it and it works fine according to your request.

Best regards,
    Alex Liang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    Welcome to the All-In-One Code Framework! If you have any feedback, please tell us.
    • Marked as answer by Kulabhishek Thursday, February 4, 2010 9:47 AM
    Wednesday, February 3, 2010 5:17 AM

All replies

• Use the TextAlign property, not the RTL property.

HTH

Ciaran
    Monday, February 1, 2010 10:02 AM
  • Hi,
    The RightToLeft property is used for international applications where the language is written from right to left, such as Hebrew or Arabic. When this property is set to RightToLeft..::.Yes, control elements that include text are displayed from right to left

Best Regards, C.Gnanadurai ----------------------- Please mark the post as answer if it is helpfull to you
    Monday, February 1, 2010 10:05 AM
  • Hi,

Thanks for your reply, but i don't think TextAlign will display the text on the left hand side of the box.

Regards,
    Abhishek
    Monday, February 1, 2010 10:09 AM
  • You are right, sorry, the CheckAlign property is the one that moves the box. Set it to MiddleRight.

HTH

Ciatran
  • Hi,
    For that you need to create a user control.hope it helps
    Best Regards, C.Gnanadurai ----------------------- Please mark the post as answer if it is helpfull to you
  • Here only if text starts or ends with the special characters, it is not displayed properly.

If you set Text to AB*CD#EF it is displayed properly.

Creating use control or using checkbox with label will solve this problem, but is there any other solution???

Thanks & Regards,
    Abhishek
    Monday, February 1, 2010 10:44 AM
  • Hi Kulabhishek,

Please set RightToLeft property to No and set CheckAlign property to MiddleRight and try again. I have tested it and it works fine according to your request.

Best regards,
    Alex Liang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    Welcome to the All-In-One Code Framework! If you have any feedback, please tell us.
    • Marked as answer by Kulabhishek Thursday, February 4, 2010 9:47 AM
    Wednesday, February 3, 2010 5:17 AM
  • Hi Alex,

Setting the CheckAlign property to MiddleRight works and is the right solution.

Thanks a lot for your help :)

Regards,
    Abhishek
    Thursday, February 4, 2010 9:48 AM
  • Thats what i said in my 2nd relpy
    Thursday, February 4, 2010 2:09 PM