none
can't open word app while using COM Interop to Check Spelling by Word.dll RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

I just follow this post (msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms173188(v=vs.80).aspx)to use COM Interop to Check Spelling by Word.dll, but I can't open word app when the spell checker form(bosa_sdm_msword) pop up....

any ideas about it and why?

Thanks,

Scofield OY

Monday, October 21, 2013 10:01 AM

Answers

• Hi Ohala,

I have followed the steps of the page to build a project and it works fine. Did you misunderstand the meaning of the page? We don’t need to open Word app. What you should do is write something in the textbox and then click the button. If the textbox has misspelled, the system will pop up a dialog box to display the correct result.

If you still have something unclear, please post the project to me using SkyDrive, I will help you to fix it.

Best Regards,

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Wednesday, October 23, 2013 6:17 AM

All replies

• Hi Scofield,

To use COM Interoperability, you must have administrator or power-user security permissions.

Tuesday, October 22, 2013 12:22 PM
  • I do have the admin permission, and I guess there are some tricks inside of word.

The point is : I use word app to simulate this action successfully, but use COM to do same thing not works...

The following is my Env:

OS: win7 x64/ IDE:vs2010( .Net4.0)/word version:14.0.0.0 

Wednesday, October 23, 2013 3:15 AM
  • Hi Ohala,

I have followed the steps of the page to build a project and it works fine. Did you misunderstand the meaning of the page? We don’t need to open Word app. What you should do is write something in the textbox and then click the button. If the textbox has misspelled, the system will pop up a dialog box to display the correct result.

If you still have something unclear, please post the project to me using SkyDrive, I will help you to fix it.

Best Regards,

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Wednesday, October 23, 2013 6:17 AM