Can't connect to SSIS instance from SSMS RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have installed SSIS 13.0 on my Windows Server 2012 R2 machine.

I also have installed SQL Server Management Studio version 17 from the Web.

When I try to connect to my SSIS instance (which is running, I checked), I have an error telling me that I cannot connect to the instance. 

The error I have "The specified instance service does not exist as an installed service".

I think that it is probably an issue due to a mismatch between SQL Server Data Tools and SSIS 13.

I don't know how to solve my issue...

Monday, July 24, 2017 5:44 AM

All replies

• Hello David,

Start SSMS with "Run as Administrator" and try it again.

Olaf Helper

[ Blog] [ Xing] [ MVP]

Monday, July 24, 2017 6:11 AM
  • http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2000474

check the above URL workaround.

Thanks, Satish Kumar. Please mark as this post as answered if my anser helps you to resolves your issue :)

Monday, July 24, 2017 7:04 AM
  • Hi David,

SSMS 17.x has known issue to connect to SSIS instance, currently, the workaround is using SSMS 16.x to connect to SSIS instance.

You could check this similar thread: Integration Services service error - The specified service does not exist as an installed service

And as far as I know, a new release of SSMS 17.x will come in several days and it will may repair the issue.

Thanks for your understanding and support.

Regards,

Pirlo Zhang

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by Pirlo Zhang Tuesday, August 1, 2017 8:55 AM
    Monday, July 24, 2017 7:40 AM