none
MS Access Issue RRS feed

• Question

• After embedding a document into an Access database, i am having problems when trying to activated the document from the form.

This happens to picture files that ope in Windows Live Photo Gallery or Windows Photo Viewer.

The picture opens and can be viewed. However when the viewer is closed and the screen returns to the Access form, the form is frozen and can not close, or move to the next record without closing access and starting it again.

PDFs are fine. Picture files are fine when they open in paint.

Any ideas????

• Moved by Eric__Zhang Wednesday, October 21, 2015 8:30 AM Move to a proper forum
    Tuesday, October 20, 2015 6:07 PM

Answers

• ​>>>After embedding a document into an Access database, i am having problems when trying to activated the document from the form.

This happens to picture files that ope in Windows Live Photo Gallery or Windows Photo Viewer.<<<

If I am not misunderstand, you mean that you added an attachment field to a table then attached files and graphics to the records in your database.

I have tried to reproduce your issue, unfortunately, I can't.

That is these steps that I have done:

1. Add an attachment field in Design view

2. Attached files to records

3. Create Form

4. View Attachment

So I suggest that you could check this issue whether it could reproduce within another machine. If you can reproduce this issue, I  suggest you could reinstall Windows Live Photo Gallery or Windows Photo Viewer or right-click the file then click Open with to Choose Paint as default program.

Friday, October 23, 2015 9:17 AM

All replies

• Hello,

This is a forum for MS SQL Server, you should post your question to a more related forum => https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/office/en-US/home?forum=accessdev

Olaf Helper

[ Blog] [ Xing] [ MVP]

Wednesday, October 21, 2015 7:18 AM
  • Please define what you mean by 'embedding'.

The recommended design of images in a database is that they be held outside the database itself in a folder, to avoid database bloat - and then linked.  The path is what is held in the database.

Wednesday, October 21, 2015 1:37 PM
  • ​>>>After embedding a document into an Access database, i am having problems when trying to activated the document from the form.

This happens to picture files that ope in Windows Live Photo Gallery or Windows Photo Viewer.<<<

If I am not misunderstand, you mean that you added an attachment field to a table then attached files and graphics to the records in your database.

I have tried to reproduce your issue, unfortunately, I can't.

That is these steps that I have done:

1. Add an attachment field in Design view

2. Attached files to records

3. Create Form

4. View Attachment

So I suggest that you could check this issue whether it could reproduce within another machine. If you can reproduce this issue, I  suggest you could reinstall Windows Live Photo Gallery or Windows Photo Viewer or right-click the file then click Open with to Choose Paint as default program.

Friday, October 23, 2015 9:17 AM