Take a snapshot from WebCam in .NET RRS feed

• Question

• I need to capture image from WebCam in my .NET application which should work on both Win XP & Vista. While creating this thread, the forums suggested me 3 links that were helpful. I though I got the answer from one of them, but it worked spcifically on Win XP, not Vista.

I jus tneed to capture an image from the WebCam, rest all processing of the would be handled by my .NET code.
    Tuesday, August 4, 2009 7:03 AM

Answers

All replies

• Read this article from the link below may be it will help
    http://blogs.msdn.com/wpdblog/archive/2007/02/13/migrating-from-wia-to-wpd.aspx
    kaymaf
    I hope this helps, if that is what you want, just mark it as answer so that we can move on
    • Proposed as answer by Waleed El-Badry Thursday, August 6, 2009 12:01 PM
    • Marked as answer by Xingwei Hu Monday, August 10, 2009 3:36 AM
    Thursday, August 6, 2009 3:44 AM
    • Unmarked as answer by Xingwei Hu Monday, August 10, 2009 3:36 AM
    Thursday, August 6, 2009 4:15 AM
  • Full code

http://www.vb-tips.com/Webcam.aspx

Success
    Cor

@ Cor, Is the code from that link work on Vista? becasue that is the Op question, he had the program working on XP but not on Vista

kaymaf
    I hope this helps, if that is what you want, just mark it as answer so that we can move on
    Thursday, August 6, 2009 4:30 AM
  • Full code

http://www.vb-tips.com/Webcam.aspx

Success
    Cor

Thanx Cor. I tested that code on Vista and it worked. Though I have NOT tested it on XP though. However, the code does NOT seem perfect. There is some delay between the action happens in front of the cam, and the video being shown in the picturebox.
    More importantly, this delay is variable. I clicked on the Start button multiple times. In one of those instances, there was no delay, in another there was approx. 1 sec delay, but in yet another, the delay was in excess of 3-4 seconds. Any ideas on this.
    Thursday, August 6, 2009 6:14 AM
  • Hi Rahul,

This code is made by Ken, I don't even have a webcam.

But it are tips, to show you how you can do it, to create a perfect program that should be your added skill.

Be aware that the perfect program does not exist, tomorrow is a better one, while trying to create the perfect program takes time.

That we don't do for samples, and if it is on Internet, then it is for sure not to copy, you simple have then to pay for it (not even the source which is mostly impossible to get)

So give it a try.

Success
    Cor
    Thursday, August 6, 2009 10:33 AM
  • You can easily achieve this function not only by using WECAMS, but also via any supported directshow camera  using Mitov VideoLAB for free:

Mitov VideoLAB

The guy made it with few lines of code (a bout 3 of 4 lines). I tested it myself. It works on Vista and XP as well.

Cheers

Waleed El-Badry Teaching Assistant Faculty of Engineering Misr University for Science & Technology
    • Marked as answer by Xingwei Hu Monday, August 10, 2009 3:35 AM
    Thursday, August 6, 2009 12:01 PM