Persisting context in Team Explorer addin RRS feed

• Question

• For VS 2012, is there a way to have the context object returned everytime your custom page is hit? Currently, the SaveContext is called whenever you leave a TeamExplorerPage. However, the context is only given when you use the navigation buttons at the top. Otherwise, it considers it a first time initialization.

Is there any way to have that context object passed into Initialize whenever the page is navigated to? Would this have to be done when setting up the Execute of the NavigationItem class? How would that get the existing context from the history?

It seems like Pending Changes saves the Check-in comment regardless of how you navigate to it. I'd like to be able to do something similar with my context.

Thanks

Friday, January 31, 2014 7:31 PM

All replies

• Hello,

>>Is there any way to have that context object passed into Initialize whenever the page is navigated to? Would this have to be done when setting up the Execute of the NavigationItem class? How would that get the existing context from the history?

I have delivered this case to the team members who have rich technical experience for better suggestions.

They would post tips here if they have worked it out.

Thanks for your patience.

Sincerely,

Jane.

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Monday, February 3, 2014 5:50 AM
  • I was referring how the NavigationItem class becomes a main menu link in the Team Explorer. It also makes it so you can navigate directly to the page from the top drop-down method. However, when you do that it does not pass the context from the history into the page so the page can't restore it's known state. I'd really like to know how to persist the page state when it's navigated that way.
    Monday, February 3, 2014 2:48 PM