disable touch input silently? RRS feed

• Question

• I need a method to disable touch input on my tablet... some investigation has found that tabletpc.cpl seems to modify the key TouchGate at HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Wisp\Touch\ from 1 to 0 when one disables touch input through that applet. Changing this setting manually will tick or untick the box, but does not actually disable touch input. 

I need a method to silently and quickly toggle this functionality. I have some C\++ experience, and if necessary I could make an attempt at writing an app to do this, but would prefer not to (batch file or similar would be best...), but only if I had some idea where to start.

Any input would be appreciated.
    Friday, January 1, 2010 3:29 AM

All replies

• I have created a program that you can use. It is called TouchToggle, and sits in the system tray. A simple double-click will toggle the touchscreen capability, leaving your pen-input enabled :)

You can download it here:
    http://touchtoggle.shank-guild.com/

There is contact info on the website if there is a bug or a feature you wish to request.
    Monday, March 1, 2010 9:04 AM
  • Can you give us a hint how you did that as i'm currently developing a software to make the control of my tablet more easy.

Did you Change the registry and invoke a system function to reload the settings?

Or is there any direct function to call?

Thanks a lot

Kornelis

Monday, May 3, 2010 1:48 PM
  • Hi there mate, I'm another touch user of windows 7 and find it annoying sometimes when I'm trying to write with the pen in One NOte which I use for all my uni notes. is there any chance you could email me a copy of this too? i don't seem to be able to find the link for it. I think it'd be really usefil as an always on top able widget. :-)
    Saturday, December 25, 2010 3:13 AM