none
MS ACCESS exceeding memory resources under windows 10 RRS feed

• Question

• I have a large number of MS Access (14)  applications moving from Windows 7 to Windows 10.  On many (dozens of complex queries) I am getting memory resources exceeded.  Rewriting the queries is not an option due to the extent of the problem.  The fix that works is to set the affinity to 1 using task manager for MSACCESS.EXE.  I have several hundred end users who are not administrators on their machines and are not technical in nature.  To ask them to reset this each time is not an option.  All my applications launch using a .vbs script  (example:  WshShell.Run "C:\Windows\System32\cmd.exe /c START /AFFINITY 1 /REALTIME " & """MSACCESS.EXE"" """& "C:\access databases\LAD Snapshot\Production\LAD Snapshot PROD" & ".accde" , 1, True ).  I tried to use the /AFFINITY 1 option to set this and that doesn't work (when I look under task manager I see that it is still being allocated to all CPUs). 

I really need someway for these users (and using 1 cpu for all Access applications would work fine) to launch their applications without having to manually go into task manager and change the settings every time.  Changing this setting does resolve the applications issues.  I haven't been able to come up with something either scripted or launched from .vbs to do this.  How can this be fixed???

sac

sac3244

Wednesday, December 20, 2017 6:35 PM

All replies