none
app class and methods RRS feed

• Question

• Dear all,

I have application that is built by some developer - who is not present now. How can I see and work on the code that is installed on the IIS machine. I have admin privileges on this machine.

Can somebody give inputs on this - to see the source.

thanks

Sathya

Thursday, August 28, 2014 5:33 PM

Answers

• Hello sathyaav1,

From your description, it seems that your current application is a web application, as far as I know, after published to the IIS, the behind-code is hidden in dll files so that you want to see the exact code in the dll, is it right?

If it is, you could decompile these dlls by some tools which you find them search online.

Or you could write a small console application with the System.Reflection namesapace to see types, properties and methods of these dlls, for details, you could refer to this link:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/system.reflection.assembly(v=vs.110).aspx\

If I misunderstand, please let me know.

Best Regards,

Fred.

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

• Proposed as answer by RohitArora Wednesday, September 3, 2014 11:09 AM
    • Marked as answer by Fred BaoModerator Monday, September 8, 2014 8:25 AM
    Friday, August 29, 2014 5:37 AM