.net application for Mobile 2003 SE RRS feed

• Question

• I have a dell x30 running windows mobile 2003 SE.  I am on a college campus that requires you to use a small .net program to login to the network.  I have tried running this program on my mobile device and have not been able to get it to work.  I get this error message:

BarclayLogin.exe
    TypeLoadException
    Could not load type
    System.Windows.Forms.Form from
    assembly System.Windows.Forms,
    Version=1.0.5000.0, Culture=neutral,
    PublicKeyToken=B77A5C561934E089

I dont know anything about .net programming and it doesn't seem like my system administrator does either.  I had asked him about this problem and he wasn't sure.  It seemed to me that he didnt even build that script.  Here is a link to the actual script. http://dl.getdropbox.com/u/514859/BarclayLogin.exe  I was wondering if there was a way to decompile this thing and put it back together for use on my pocket pc.
    Friday, April 10, 2009 3:08 PM

Answers

• This question is a bit off subject in this forum.  This is more of an essoterric support question than a programming question and if there is any one that is able to understand the full context of this executable it is going to be some one on your campus. You will want to track down the group responsible for authoring the program.  That being said, here's some information for you:

That's not a script, it is a full blown desktop executable. It was built against the Desktop version of the .Net Framework, your mobile device runs the Compact framework.  (B77A5C561934E089 is at the end of the fully qualified names for desktop assemblies).   In some cases the Compact Framework assemblies will run on a desktop, but it never works the other way around.

If you were able to get the assemble recompiled with the Compact Framework there's not much it could do for you.  All the program does is map drive letters.  Windows Mobile devices do not have drive letters.  If you want to be able to get to the network resources on your campus you can use the UNC name to access them.  I don't remember exactly what the file explorer on a 2003 device looks like so you will need to adjust this for what ever your interface is, but on a Windows Mobile 6.1 device you would start the file explorer, then select Menu->Go To->Open Path.  From there you can enter the network path that you need to access.  If you don't want to have to type in the full UNC names then I would suggest purchasing and installing a third party file explorer (Resco has a nice one) that can remember the paths for you.

You can get the UNC paths for the drives that were being mapped in the listing below which shows what the executable was attempting to do.

1. Maps \\bigbear.barclay.barclaycollege.edu\netlogon to drive L:
    2. Maps \\fileserver.barclay.barclaycollege.edu\ to H:
    3. Runs \\bigbear.barclay.barclaycollege.edu\netlogon\\cymd\ir.exe (I've no clue what this does, ask your admin)
    4. Maps \\littlebear.barclay.barclaycollege.edu\departments to G:
    5. Maps \\fileserver.barclay.barclaycollege.edu\religion to K:
    6. Maps \\fileserver.barclay.barclaycollege.edu\student_data to M:

Joel Ivory Johnson
    Friday, April 10, 2009 6:06 PM