none
Content type and Workflow tied to Project Site Document Library RRS feed

• Question

• I am trying to create a Custom Project Site, that includes a couple of Document Libraries. One Document Library is for Project Change Requests. I want to achieve two things related to the Project Change Request Library: 1. Create an infopath Change Request and save as content type and 2. Define a custom workflow for approval purposes It is possible or not to do this with Project Server 2010? Regards Diego
    Wednesday, September 15, 2010 8:09 PM

Answers

All replies

• Sure it's possible. That's pretty much all SharePoint functionality though
    and doesn't have much to do with the Project Server component. Not saying
    this is the wrong place, but you may want to try crossposting in the SharePoint
    Dev forums.

- Andrew Lavinsky

• Marked as answer by Diego Vasconez Wednesday, September 15, 2010 10:03 PM
    • Unmarked as answer by Diego Vasconez Wednesday, September 15, 2010 10:04 PM
    Wednesday, September 15, 2010 9:39 PM
  • Hi Andrew, thks for your response

To focus better my question:

Can a custom sharepoint document library (with content types and workflows and views) can be used as Document Project Site Template?

I mean, the functionality originaly defined at the template is going to be present when used in Document Project Site?

Regards

Diego.

Wednesday, September 15, 2010 10:20 PM
  • Hi Diego,

I seem to remember trying this with some simple SharePoint workflows in 2007 and it worked.  It should not take long to confirm if this also works with 2010 - but I won't get a chance until next week.

Best regards,

Brian.

Blog | Facebook | Twitter | Posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    Project Server TechCenter | Project Developer Center | Project Server Help | Project Product Page
    • Marked as answer by Diego Vasconez Wednesday, October 6, 2010 5:30 PM
    Friday, September 17, 2010 5:42 PM
    Owner