none
question about how to emulate multiple mice input for kinect RRS feed

• Question

• I would like to emulate multiple mouse click events and handling moving each mouse indepedent of each other using kinect but in essence the kinect mouse project person gave me permission to use his project.  So im just modifying the kinect mouse project for multiple users but i will probably have to use raw input or some advanced mouse hooks or something similar that allows me to send  multiple different input events to an application.

Im only concerned with getting it to work on one kinect for now but plan on multiple kinects in the future when the sdk supports it.

Im trying to get 4 mouse pointers to show up in mouse mischief, move them, and simulate mouse up and down events for each of them.

Note: my biggest guess is mouse mischief uses the ondevicearrival event as multipoint does so if i can call that event it will create the pointer on screen and then all i have to do is send input for each emulated mouse device to mischief.

kinect multipoint project page: http://kinectmultipoint.codeplex.com

kinect mouse project page: http://kinectmouse.codeplex.com

Note: i have dsf code here for anyone wanting to create emulated mouse devices or try it for programs that require a device to be present: http://kinectmultipoint.codeplex.com/discussions/273319

P.S. the dsf code sample has the input report which shows the order in the discussions their but can find original wdk forum post for anyone wanting specfics and has enough comments to understand it and i could just use its dll file functions but i want to get the vbscript sample working first unless someone can import the dll and just start creating emulated devices? (need to install dsf runtime or windows ddk(driver development kit) to get dsf).

Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth. - "Sherlock holmes"

• Edited by The Thinker Wednesday, November 2, 2011 3:05 PM
    Wednesday, November 2, 2011 2:56 PM

All replies

• The Thinker,

what exactly is the main problem you're trying to solve in the post above? Is it "Im trying to get 4 mouse pointers to show up in mouse mischief, move them, and simulate mouse up and down events for each of them"? If that's the main thing you're asking about then we can't help you more, because you're asking something mouse mischief-specific, and we have no expertise on that :)

If your main problem is something else, could you phrase the main question in one single sentence?

Thanks,
    Eddy

I'm here to help
    Friday, November 4, 2011 8:15 PM
  • luckily i found glove pie too does the same objective. My main objective with the kinect is looping through each player it detects and then doing some of the checks from kinect mouse code.  Or just modifying the kinect mouse code to emulate through more then 2 players and be able to do joint operations on them like if i cant track more then 2 people create a fake joint for that person and track movements.
    Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth. - "Sherlock holmes" "speak softly and carry a big stick" - theodore roosevelt.
    Monday, November 7, 2011 11:13 PM