Problem importing Excel 2007 worksheet into VSTO V3.0 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am trying to create a vsto Excel 2007 Project by giving it an Excel 2007 spreadsheet to import. It fails to import the spreadsheet because it thinks it was created with a newer version of Excel than is on my machine. It goes on with a laundry list of things that won't work and then fails to create the project. I have Office Ultimate 2007 (at least SP1). Any ideas why it would do that?

I created a similar project and it worked just fine. Then the users wanted it in Excel 2003. So I added Excel 2003 to the machine and probably downloaded an equivalent vsto. That project worked well on Excel 2003.

I assumed that if I subsequently started a different 2007 project it would just pick up on the 2007 components. Is it possible that it is only using the last installed version of vsto? I do create a 2007 project and import a 2007 worksheet, but it seems to be using 2003 import components. Does that make sense? is there a way to set everything back to vsto30?

thanks

mark

Friday, April 9, 2010 9:51 AM

Answers

•  

to get around this:

1. Uninstall Excel 2003

2. Install/Repair vsto 3.0 (sp1)

3. Open an Excel Workbook (Office seems to use this as an opportunity to re-configure)

4. Create the vsto project and import the workbook

This works well for me now but ... I am still going to need to develop Excel 2003 projects.

m

• Marked as answer by Tim Li Monday, April 12, 2010 7:50 AM
    Friday, April 9, 2010 10:40 AM