Installing Data Mining Web Controls RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I have SQL 2005 and Visual Studio 2005 and I´m trying to install the Data Mining Web Controls. I downloaded the SQL Samples and I´m following the instructions of the "ReadMe_Data_Mining_Web_Controls.htm" file, but when I try to install de data mining web controls the setup.exe does´nt create the folder "C:\Program Files\Microsoft.AnalysisServices.DataMiningHtmlViewers " and the folder "C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\aspnet_client\microsoft_analysisservices_datamininghtmlviewers ".

Then, I don´t have the file "C:\Program Files\Microsoft.AnalysisServices.DataMiningHtmlViewers\Microsoft.AnalysisServices.DataMiningHTMLViewers.dll " for using the web controls.

Can somebody help me?

Dunia

Tuesday, August 8, 2006 2:19 PM

Answers

• Hello

Sorry for the late answer. I have sent you the sample code. Please let us know if you run into any more issues

bogdan

Friday, August 25, 2006 4:54 PM
  • The sample was removed from SQL 2008 but it’s still present in the 2005 download – install SqlServerSamples.msi from the link below and look under C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SQL Server\90\Samples\Analysis Services\DataMining:

http://sqlserversamples.codeplex.com/releases/view/4000

Raman Iyer, SQL Server Data Mining -- www.sqlserverdatamining.com
    • Marked as answer by Raman Iyer Wednesday, July 14, 2010 6:00 PM
    Wednesday, July 14, 2010 6:00 PM

All replies

• The package coming with SQL Samples will install the sample source code in a Samples subfolder somewhere under %ProgramFiles%\Microsoft SQL Server\90. I am almost sure that the location is %ProgramFiles%\Microsoft SQL Server\90\Tools\Samples, but I may be wrong. A search for a folder called Samples under %ProgramFiles%\Microsoft SQL Server\90 will find the right location.

At that location, you will find the Data Mining web viewer sample, which is a Visual Studio 2005 solution. You have to open the solution in Visual Studio and build it. It contains:

- the web viewers sample (one assembly)

- a setup package that deploys the assembly together with the documentation in the location you mentioned (under %ProgramFiles%)

After building the solution, you should run the generated setup package, install the sample and then use it according to the documentation

Hope this helps

Wednesday, August 9, 2006 2:52 AM
  • Hi,

first of all I´d like to thank you for the answer.

I tryed to build the solution that you mentioned but I had the following error:

"Could not find file 'C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\90\Samples\Analysis Services\DataMining\Data Mining Web Controls\WebControls\obj\Debug\Microsoft.AnalysisServices.DataMiningHtmlViewers.dll'"

Maybe the installer of the samples didn´t install this dll. I think that this is the problem. Do you know if I can download this dll from a site?

Thanks,

Dunia

Wednesday, August 9, 2006 12:00 PM
  • I never saw this before, but I can think of two possible reasons:

- In Visual Studio, you opened the setup project and not the whole solution which contains both the viewers project and the setup

or

- the solution was opened, you are trying to build the Release version and it incorrectly points to the debug version of the dll.

I would suggest:

- make sure that the full solution is opened, not only the setup project. Based on the error, I think it should be a file with the ".sln" extension in the "C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\90\Samples\Analysis Services\DataMining\Data Mining Web Controls" folder

- if that is not the problem, try to open in Visual Studio the .csproj project in 'C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\90\Samples\Analysis Services\DataMining\Data Mining Web Controls\WebControls'. If this works, then you should retry to build the first project (the setup)

If none of these works, please let us know and I will post a zip containing the full solution for the sample

Thursday, August 17, 2006 4:29 AM
  • Hello,

I have already tryed to build the .sln and .csproj, but I have the same error message, that there is no 'C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\90\Samples\Analysis Services\DataMining\Data Mining Web Controls\WebControls\obj\Debug\Microsoft.AnalysisServices.DataMiningHtmlViewers.dll'.

I´d really appreciate if you could post me this file.....

Thanks,

Dunia

Thursday, August 17, 2006 5:52 PM
  •  

My e-mail is dunia@execplan.com.br

Thursday, August 17, 2006 5:56 PM
  • Hello

Sorry for the late answer. I have sent you the sample code. Please let us know if you run into any more issues

bogdan

Friday, August 25, 2006 4:54 PM
  •  I have the same problem with installing data mining web controls.

Can you please send me the zip that contains the solution ?

Thanks a lot

My email is georges_0@hotmail.com

Sunday, May 13, 2007 2:05 PM
  • Hi Guys,
      Can i have a copy of the file, Microsoft.AnalysisServices.DataMiningHtmlViewers.dll too. My email is
    bala.singam@hotmail.com .

I also downloaded " DataMiningViewerClient " what's the different with the Data Mining Web Controls?

Monday, May 21, 2007 4:29 AM
  • I am having the same issue. I have made certain that all prerequisites have been installed and configured properly. How do I get a copy of this that has the missing dll?
    Friday, June 15, 2007 6:01 PM
  • Hi

Would you kindly guide me with installing the Data Mining Web Controls.  In my SQL Server 2005 installation I cannot find a way to install samples. I tried to download all the relevant SQL Server 2005 samples from Codeplex but still the c:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\90\Samples\Analysis Services\DataMining\Data Mining Web Controls folder is not created.

Tuesday, September 18, 2007 10:00 PM
  •  

Rbonnici,

Just a couple thoughts:

Have you tried installing the samples from your SQL Server 2005 install discs? You may have better luck. Have you tried performing searching on your box for the file? Maybe it didnt install in that location. Also, Have you verified that the installs you downloaded from CodePlex actually installed by looking in Add/Remove programs?

I have never had or heard of the samples not installing.

-Cam

Wednesday, September 19, 2007 2:27 PM
  • Hi,

I am encountering this problem as well.  I installed the samples on two different machines and for both cases the DataMiningHtmlViewers.dll file is not installed.  Can someone kindly send me the file to pacikku@hotmail.com?

Wednesday, November 14, 2007 6:49 AM
  • Helloo,

Can someone enlighten us on this very frustrating issue? Should we just give up?

Monday, November 19, 2007 5:08 PM
  • I'm having the same problem and I have a demo to give tomorrow.  Can you just post the necessary files on the codeplex website please and provide the url?  I really need to get this going.

Thanks

Friday, December 14, 2007 4:13 AM
  • I think I found the solution here:

https://forums.microsoft.com/TechNet/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=1765678&SiteID=17

turns out the real issue is with the SampleKey.snk file... it needs to be created first.

If you look in the file:

C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\90\Samples\Analysis Services\Programmability\AMO\AMOAdventureWorks\Readme_AMOAdventureWorks.htm

You'll see you can create that file pretty easily by running the following steps. I did this and I was able to build, now lets just hope everything else goes smoothly. =)

To generate a strong name key file

1. Open a Microsoft Visual Studio 2005 command prompt. Click Start, point to All Programs, point to Microsoft .NET Framework SDK 2.0, and then click SDK Command Prompt.

-- or --

Open a Microsoft .NET Framework command prompt. Click Start, point to All Programs, point to Microsoft .NET Framework SDK 2.0, and then click SDK Command Prompt.

2. Use the change directory command (CD) to change the current directory of the command prompt window to the folder where the samples are installed.
      Note:
      To determine the folder where samples are located, click the Start button, point to All Programs, point to Microsoft SQL Server 2005, point to Documentation and Tutorials, and then click Samples Directory. If the default installation location was used, the samples are located in <system_drive>:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\90\Samples.

3. At the command prompt, run the following command to generate the key file:

sn -k SampleKey.snk

• Proposed as answer by Tyagi L. _ Wednesday, April 14, 2010 9:19 PM
    Friday, December 14, 2007 5:23 AM
  • Can somebody help me with Data Mining Web Controls library ? its not available online :(

my email is manoj.jndl@gmail.com

Friday, July 2, 2010 9:35 AM
  • The sample was removed from SQL 2008 but it’s still present in the 2005 download – install SqlServerSamples.msi from the link below and look under C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SQL Server\90\Samples\Analysis Services\DataMining:

http://sqlserversamples.codeplex.com/releases/view/4000

Raman Iyer, SQL Server Data Mining -- www.sqlserverdatamining.com
    • Marked as answer by Raman Iyer Wednesday, July 14, 2010 6:00 PM
    Wednesday, July 14, 2010 6:00 PM
  • I Raman. I downloaded that msi and installed it. However that produced nothing but empty folders.

Does anyone else have any ideas where to pick up that dll?
    Monday, June 4, 2012 12:15 AM
  • you should not have to give up,u should have to work more on it ,thanks

Tuesday, June 5, 2012 1:05 PM
  • The .MSI does *not* install the correct files. Sorry for the problem. However, there is a workaround.

1. Open the CodePlex page for the 2005 SP2 samples, and view the list of files included in the download.

http://msftasprodsamples.codeplex.com/SourceControl/changeset/view/94877

2. Click Files , then expand SQL Server 2005, and then expand Data Mining. Now you can see that the Data Mining Web controls are available.

3. Click Download. One would like just the selected node to be delivered, but no, you get the entire set of samples. However, it's now provided as a zip file, not as MSI, so you can control where it is saved.

4. Save the zip file to a location clearly marked as 2005 samples or some similar. (I suggest you retain the source files in case you need to rerun the migration process.) Extract the samples.

5. Open the folder, Data Mining Web Controls, and migrate the solution file to the version that matches your version of Analysis Services.

SQL Server UE, Data Mining

Thursday, October 25, 2012 9:26 PM
    Answerer