How to specify a target installation folder for web setup project in Visual Studio 2005? RRS feed

• Question

• User-193681999 posted

Hi,

I have created a web setup project for deploying a asp.net application and to package it as a single msi file.

The Setup project is allowing me to specify the name of the virtual directory for my web application.

The physical files actually get installed at c:\inetpub\wwwroot\[virtual directory name].

I would like to specify a target installation folder like c:\MyApplication and map it to the virtual directory.

I know there is an attribute TARGETDIR which specifies the path of the directory where the files actually get installed.

I have added some custom action also for this setup project.

I would like to specify the location of the TARGETDIR.Currently it is not getting installed if i specify the TARGETDIR

Guys please help me.Any kind of help on these regard will be highly appreciated.

Monday, February 25, 2008 2:28 AM

Answers

• User-2017008401 posted

Hi souvik,

Please don't create duplicate post. I have replied in your previous thread, please check it at your convenience. Thanks.

How to specify a target installation folder for web setup project in Visual Studio 2005?
    http://forums.asp.net/t/1223624.aspx

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Tuesday, February 26, 2008 8:49 PM