none
Random remote desktop slowness for vb.net application RRS feed

• Question

• Hi there,

I have a vb.net desktop based application, which is running very slow RANDOMLY on RDS. It has a major problem of slow rendering of UI. We have used some gradients and usually 100+ controls on the forms and that might be one of the reason for slow graphics rendering on the app. The controls within application gets slowly rendered. I observed even opening the bing.com and rending its background image is also slow (left to right) from browser. Some times changing the network and internet speed also showed some improvement, but this being very random, I am not yet at some conclusions. I tried multiple tweaks to windows settings, but no luck. My ping to the RDS shows average of 180ms. This might be contributing to it too. I will be doing some ping and tracert network latency test too now.

Any help will be great. Also, will Microsoft paid support entertain such requests? I am ready to pay professional fees too due to its urgency.

GB

• Moved by 宝宝徐 Tuesday, August 29, 2017 2:13 AM
    Monday, August 28, 2017 11:26 AM

All replies

• Hi GB,

Thank you for posting in MSDN forum.

This forum is about .Net Framework Setup and Servicing, from your description, this issue is much related to VB, I help you move this case to VB forum to get a better professional support.

Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.

Best Regards,

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, August 29, 2017 2:13 AM
  • Hi dghar,

According to your description, you said that your application has a lot of control, this may cause the program to run slowly, can you try put some controls in one Usercontrol?

A lot of the delay on showing the child form comes because the MDIClient updates its scrollbars when a Layout event fires -- once for every control added. This can be improved by putting all the controls into a single UserControl

Best Regards,

Cherry

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, August 30, 2017 8:46 AM